Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

You guys should linex your steps. The step feels so much better linexed and you don't have to worry about the paint wearing off.

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Re: WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    You guys should linex your steps. The step feels so much better linexed and you don't have to worry about the paint wearing off.
    I am seriously considering that once I have determined mine doesn't need further modification, shortening. Mine is a bit lower than Waxman's, but seems OK so far. I have used mine a few days in the woods and in ditches without incident, but want to get some more time on it.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    I am seriously considering that once I have determined mine doesn't need further modification, shortening. Mine is a bit lower than Waxman's, but seems OK so far. I have used mine a few days in the woods and in ditches without incident, but want to get some more time on it.
    Your tractor is bigger then mine, I think your step is longer then on the 3240's to begin with. I cut the first step down just to keep the spacing even. Not for ground clearance.
    Quick Links to my other Modifications

Stack.......... Inclinometer.........FEL Indicator........... ICC Lights............Tilt Wheel ...............
    Fel Knob....... Bucket Cam........ Double Step..........Auto Level .........Snow Video..........

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by WaxMan View Post
    Your tractor is bigger then mine, I think your step is longer then on the 3240's to begin with. I cut the first step down just to keep the spacing even. Not for ground clearance.
    We weren't sure, so my brother just skipped that part and instead of taking the whole tractor on a road trip to his shop, he just took the step. Having bent the much higher steps on our Case CX80 and M8540 as well as my old L5030, I know I will eventually bend something. I am just hoping it doesn't happen too often and I have learned to check and make sure the step is where it shold be before dismounting.

It is probably a good thing I am not as mechanically or close to it as you or I would be modifying stuff all the time. I would really like to incorporate the step platform like our M Series on the GL. I love the feel of the much larger platform and gripping surface.

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    We weren't sure, so my brother just skipped that part and instead of taking the whole tractor on a road trip to his shop, he just took the step. Having bent the much higher steps on our Case CX80 and M8540 as well as my old L5030, I know I will eventually bend something. I am just hoping it doesn't happen too often and I have learned to check and make sure the step is where it shold be before dismounting.

It is probably a good thing I am not as mechanically or close to it as you or I would be modifying stuff all the time. I would really like to incorporate the step platform like our M Series on the GL. I love the feel of the much larger platform and gripping surface.
    I agree I like the M steps, a nice clean look. Two steps are better then one either way.
    Last edited by WaxMan; 10-27-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Quick Links to my other Modifications

Stack.......... Inclinometer.........FEL Indicator........... ICC Lights............Tilt Wheel ...............
    Fel Knob....... Bucket Cam........ Double Step..........Auto Level .........Snow Video..........

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, Z122RKW-42, and JD circa 1990 Lawn Tractor

Ditto the Linex… i often slip on the edge of my BX floor edge where the mat does not cover. Even when dry. I am sure the steps are not as bad though and the Linex is tough as well as providing grip.

Tractor
    JD 5055E

waxman you do some nice work. i like the idea of a camera but the way i use mine i would break it.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by terryknight View Post
    waxman you do some nice work. i like the idea of a camera but the way i use mine i would break it.
    If you haven't done so already, check out some of the threads by ovrszd, 4shorts and 94BULLITT, can't think of the others off hand.

Tractor
    Kubota L6060

Your posts are great Waxman. Many cool ideas!

I'm preparing to install an Agcam system with two cameras with the 9" monitor. (Your front bucket setup looks super.) Initially I will just mount the front camera on top of the cab on my L6060 similar to the way 4Short has done --- but I hope I can figure out how to fabricate a tube like your did.

I also noticed your nifty monitor screen shade. Is that an option you got from Dakota Micro or from another source? Maybe there are generic shades for 9" video monitors?

I also hope to copy your second step idea!

Keep up the mods! And thanks again...

Ed

Tractor
    Kubota B3350 cab & BX24

Inspired by Waxman's camera install, I plagiarized some of his ideas (thanks Waxman), and did some tweaking on my own:

kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints - Page 13

bumper

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast