Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    1958 Ford 961 Powermaster

I can't really tell from the pictures but it looks like the main difference is the width, both tire track and cab width. Is there a big height or length difference?
    Kubota L5240 with loader and backhoe

1958 Ford 961 Powermaster LP

Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, JD circa 1990 Lawn Tractor

Default Re: WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab

Personally, I like the 'look' of the wider track. I have a BX and have to get around in tight spots. For small property and around the house the narrower width has proven valuable. I couldn't get to many spots with a bigger B or L. But I still love the look/style of the Grand L. The meaty rear tracks makes it. I do truly understand why you would want to scale down.

Dont do it. The kubota is a piece of art.

Tractor
    L3940 Turbota with a hairdryer

Quote Originally Posted by chopped View Post
    Surely the Deere will be also in due time.

Decisions decisions, Fred
    If you can't fixit trade it....

Tractor
    Kubotas: L3240GST B2320HST B5100D & G5200H

Quote Originally Posted by chopped View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fred View Post
    Surely the Deere will be also in due time.

Decisions decisions, Fred
    After a point, every artist needs to start anew, with a blank canvas ... I'm sure WaxMan's Green Series will be every bit as inspired as his Orange Opus. I can't wait.
    That's the problem with trouble.
    It always starts out as such fun."
    - Randall Brown

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by bumperm View Post
    Waxman,

So, lemme get this straight . . . you are *seriously* considering dumping that orange compilation of many hundreds of hours of lovingly obsessive gold plate for a veritable mound of green algae?

Or is this but an attempt to completely flummox the rest of us??

bumper
    I had to look up the word flummox

No flummox , John Deere came out with a New cab tractor thats smaller then mine and I wanted to check it out. To have any serious though about it, two things would have to happen, find a buyer for mine and actually check out and drive the JD and see if I like it.
    Nothing has been bought or sold yet, Just wondering if the JD would be right for me.
    So I found out who had one in the yard and last Friday my wife and I drove out had lunch and checked over the new John Deere 3039

What I found , Likes and dislikes

Boy could I make one nice command and control center here. Look at all the switch blanks. I like this the best everyone blank would be filled up.

Not crazy about the hood, I liked the old hood it seemed much thicker material and more sturdy on the 3320. This hood is very very thin and flimsy material and just the top opens up, the hood is made as small as possible. It is not much bigger then it shows across the front maybe an inch or so.

I think this is done intentionally so if the hoods melt they won't be so expensive to replace.
    Could they make the chrome piece in the center of the hood just a little smaller?
    This picture reminds me of a frog. BUT add a stack, some mirrors and rectangle led lights. It will start taking shape.
    I added pictures below that you can click on to see more detail.

I could see a nice 18 or 20 inch LED strip between the top rear lights, I would also get R4's and reverse rims.

Some people talk about tearing up the mods I put on my tractor, if they had my mods on theirs.
    I have nothing exposed that you can't see and control as where JD runs the hydraulic lines. This is not new to this tractor. At least kubota runs them up along closer to the frame, I would hate to run over a log or rock and get it caught between the wheel and tear these lines out. Why they leave them right there so exposed is beyond me.

A/C lines run up along the inside rear fender with the tire. Mud a dirt getting caught up there. Don't like that either.

Then there is this Tier 4 stuff. That might all be different next year.

I see the making of another stack here. Even though deere makes a stack kit for it using the existing hole in the hood. I don't want to look through the stack on the hood I want it off to the side so I would do what I did on mine again.

More exposed lines.

This tractor does looks like it will be little tippy. Plenty of overhead room for another of my famous antiquated Inclinometers lit up in green, backup monitor and other good stuff can be placed along the top above the windshield.
    A lot more room up there then on my Kubota.

Nice set of green gauges slightly arched over this dash

Overall it it is a sharp looking tractor with a little bit of help in my opinion it will really be nice looking, most people would buy it and leave it alone and thats Ok, but I would add a few things.

Everything is plastic, I guess that is good and bad. There are quite few things about the inside of the cab I don't like,
    but that is small compared to the size difference of the two tractors.
    Kubota has rubber on the pedals, door laches, handles little things Kubota does that makes their cab Grand.
    Kubota's cab is better but it also is bigger, longer, wider I got a gut but for now it's confined to the seat so I don't need all that extra cab room.

Which tractor do I want in my garage Now and in 10 years from now?
    I figured if I sold mine now I would get the most money since the hrs are low and it is still in excellent condition.
    I think the longer I keep it the more money I would loose.

Yes, this is how crooked my wife parked it, I usually come in straight, as you can see the tractor and backhoe take up some space.
    Is this what I want for life? Or would the Deere fit better?

At least all this new tractor talk got my wife to start using my Kubota in her garden. She says I can do what I want, but she knows if I get another one I'll be in the garage for the next three months. When she has a list of un fun things for me to do.
    And do you guys really want to see page after page of dribble and more of the same mods on a different color.
    Or maybe someone would want it without all the mods that would save me some time.

I left the Kubota out in the yard the other day after taking pictures .
    My wife came in and said how do you start it, she drove it around before (once) but never started it, she hated how big it was from day one. I said push in the clutch. She started it, I watched how she familiarize herself with the FEL then drove it over to her garden loaded it up with weeds and took it down back. Came back up without damage and a empty bucket (I followed her at a distance with the zero turn just in case.)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0857-jpg   -img_0813-jpg   -img_0870-jpg   -img_0861-jpg   -img_0801-jpg  

-img_0841-jpg   -img_0840-jpg   -img_0799-jpg   -img_0843-jpg  
    Last edited by WaxMan; 09-01-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    Quick Links to my other Modifications

Stack Inclinometer.FEL Indicator ICC Lights..Tilt Wheel ..
    Fel Knob Bucket Cam Double Step.Auto Level ... Snow Video

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

How does the John Deere you are looking at compare with the kubota B3350?
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    How does the John Deere you are looking at compare with the kubota B3350?
    Now that is a good question. Waxman?

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by dragoneggs View Post
    Now that is a good question. Waxman?

Number one the looks,

The B3350 looks funny to me with that extra wide glass cab and the oversized flat roof.

The JD3033 looks like a tractor cab. Like my kubota 3240 does.

Number two
    What do you hear in this video. I can tell you what you don't hear. You don't hear the engine screaming at constant 2600 RPM
    This is something that Kubota Grand L's have that I can't live without now that I have it. Auto Throttle Advance, you step on the HST pedal and the throttle rises with speed just like your car.
    Now this latest John Deere 3 series has that. Called E throttle, Kubota B3350 does not.

I don't want to ride around in a giant glass box with the engine screaming at 2600 RPM when I'm barely moving.
    Not after being use to the Grand L 3240

Last edited by WaxMan; 09-01-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    Quick Links to my other Modifications

Stack Inclinometer.FEL Indicator ICC Lights..Tilt Wheel ..
    Fel Knob Bucket Cam Double Step.Auto Level ... Snow Video

WaxMan
    to preserve and protect

Tractor

Yeah those are two valid points. After listening to the video I can see how I could fall in love with the Auto Throttle Advance or E throttle. The B3350 seems to have more visibility (more glass) making it less pretty but more functional? But it also may be just the camera shot.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast