WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #262  
Remarkable set up. I picked up a camera and a second hand monitor for about $75 and rigged up a simple bracket to try it out on the front loader, so I could see what is going on while trying to move pallets of fire wood and bales of hay. It works ok when the sun is not shinning but useless on a sunny day. I made a simple cardboard sun shade for the monitor about three inches around the top and sides of the monitor, which helps some, but I still cannot use it on a sunny day. Works great at night also. Its a low light camera. So do I have the wrong type of camera? or is the monitor just not up to the task? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Craig

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #263  
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Craig

Craig,

I would guess it's a combination of things, low screen brightness, maybe poor camera automatic exposure control, etc.

I have a system, sold on Amazon, from Backup Camera System | Rear View Backup Camera | RearViewSafety.com

My tractor has a cab, and that's a major plus, I think, in keeping direct sunlight off the screen. Even so, and with no additional sunshade over the smaller built in one that came on the display, I've never had an issue with screen visibility. That said, when using the bucket or forks to pick up something in the shade when facing the sun, the front camera exposure control puts the object of my desire (hmmm:c) in the dark - you're facing the sun, so your eyes naturally adjust, the monitor is just fine, but the silly camera keeps you from seeing anything! Fortunately, that doesn't happen all that often.

An earlier version of my front mount - since modified to lower camera height, using a larger thinwall tube (1" vs 3/4") with a forward curvature (instead of straight version shown). The larger tube dimension so allow camera plug to fit through tubing to exit at bottom. Bottom fitting clamps onto cross tube and is adjustable with hand nut.

A closeup of the front cam mount bracket showing how the clamp works for fore and aft positioning as well as allowing height adjustment - this is nice when changing to forks or when needed to move cam out of the way as when charging into brush :d):

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #264  
I like the gauge pod, but not sure why you needed the front end monitoring.