WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #41  
The only issue I see with your cam WM, is the long stalk its mounted on.

If your thinking about redoing it, id go with a rigid enclosure welded to a loader arm. That would enclose and protect the camera. Basically its what Im familiar with on the rear of an excavator or loader etc..

Sort of like this, .
Track-Vision-camera-on-AVS.jpg

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab
The only issue I see with your cam WM, is the long stalk its mounted on.

If your thinking about redoing it, id go with a rigid enclosure welded to a loader arm. That would enclose and protect the camera. Basically its what Im familiar with on the rear of an excavator or loader etc..

Sort of like this, .
Track-Vision-camera-on-AVS.jpg
Thanks Scooby for your past comments. I appreciate all of them.
In your picture it looks like that mount is to protect the camera, the Ag cam camera you can hit with a metal baseball bat. I don't need protection for the camera.
Unfortunately you need the long stalk to see the blade of the bucket, No other way around it, no long staff, camera can't see. If I can't see the blade of the bucket no sense having a camera up front.
The only reason I thought of redoing it was someone suggested a collapsable shaft and leave the camera mounted permanently. But mounting higher on the fel means even a longer reach when extended. It just looks Mickey mouse with the tripod setup. I don't need to collapse it, just take it off when not needed. I plan to keep the camera on most of the time. I don't want to look like Sir lancelot on a horse 90 % of the time just to be able to say I can collapse it.

Fa2XMzu.jpg

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #44  
I am thinking that camera is "fairly" durable!:)

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #45  
Looks like the camera is tough... Just the arm is the weak point.

Is there any other location you can mount it where it can see into the bucket? On the cab maybe? Or on the hood?

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #46  
It can be broken though. Look at:
The moral of the story is to keep the camera out of the way of gunfire...

Aaron Z

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #47  
Is there any other location you can mount it where it can see into the bucket? On the cab maybe? Or on the hood?

4shorts put one on the roof (on top of the frame around the front facing lightbar).

Aaron Z

Looks like the camera is tough... Just the arm is the weak point.

I tried them all, first I stuck it right on the top of the grill guard with the magnet, can see. The only other spot is what you see with the tripod.
Not sure how much you have been following but I have no problem with the way the camera is mounted now, it doesn't hit anything, just looks vulnerable but it's really not in normal Fel use. Heavy brush, knocking down trees I would take the camera off, no need for the camera doing that type of work. Take a stick tape it where I have it then go out and use the fel
and really see what hits the stick or even comes close to it, You'll find nothing does.

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #49  
Nice job Waxman. I liked how you used the copper pipe for the gauge pods. That was creative.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

/ WaxMan's Modifications to the 2013 Grand L 3240 cab #50  
Haven't been able to post until now but wanted to say great mods. I think the camera idea and angle is brilliant - someone said earlier ' innovation'. I agree - it truly is and I can see how it's beneficial.

You do really nice work, man!