Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader???

/ Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader??? #1  

Henro

Tractor
Kubota B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini EX
Hi,

Anyone have a quick attach on their LA402 Loader?

Tach-all web page click here...

Although my dealer said they were not available for the LA402 [even when I suggested his 2002 catalog might be out of date...] I emailed them and was told one is available. Apparently if you want to use your original bucket you remove the Kubota brackets and weld on new adapter brackets that Tach-all can sell you.

Anyone have this brand or another quick attach on their LA402?

I am pretty sure this is the next thing I want to get...might just send a note to the North Pole... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Grateful for any input/suggests/advice etc...

Here is the reply I got this morning...

Bill,

You are correct, we do offer a Tach-All for the Kubota LA402. The model number is QA-KU1. We do caution you not to overload this loader when equipping it with the quick attach. The Tach-All itself weighs 76 pounds, plus any attachments that you would add to it would have to be included in the 885 pound lift capacity of the loader.

Have your dealer call us with any questions that he may have.

Best regards,

/ Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader??? #2  
Sorry Henro, I don't have one . . . but I want one! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Did you happen to get a price on the unit and replacement brackets?

The way I read the ad, it allows one to use any and all skid-steer quick attach stuff. Is that right?

/ Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader???
Fishman,

I did not price it yet. I understand that once the coversion is made, the skid steer attachments can be used without problem...

My clamp on bucket forks are the driving force in my desire to have something different. With the clamp on forks, I cannot see what I am doing unless I stand up and look over the bucket...not something I like to do...

Might call my dealer tomorrow and get the cost...

Man, do I hate sticker shock!!!!

/ Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader??? #4  
Henro,

If all you are wanting is forks for your bucket check out CTI's website. We sell these and they work great. Basically you weld 3 - 4 hooks across the top of your bucket. The forks are designed so that they can stand by them selves and they are connected by a metal rod. You drive up to the forks and curl your bucket and bingo you have pallet forks on your bucket! You don't even have to get off the seat. See the attachment for a picture of one. They make them for smaller machines as well. Here is their web site CTI

Attachments

• 317808-photo_drivein_work_lg.jpg
    317808-photo_drivein_work_lg.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 378
   / Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader??? #5  
Here is a better picture.

Attachments

• 317810-photo_drivein_homepg.jpg
    317810-photo_drivein_homepg.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 412
   / Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader??? #6  
Henro,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Man, do I hate sticker shock!!!! )</font>

Here's my advice: Don't buy the Tach-all now. Wait about 8-10 months and include it in the package for your new L-series that you're going to buy next year. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~Rick

/ Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader??? #7  
Thanks. Please post an update if you're able to get a price quote.

/ Tach-all quick attach for LA402 loader??? #8  
jcollins,

Thanks for the images. The two downsides I perceive with that setup are:

Non-rigid forks don't allow downpressure to be applied. Might this be a problem when picking up logs, etc. that are flat on the ground?

And of course the fact that the weight is shifted forward about 2', reducing capacity.

Both may be acceptable trade-offs, depending on what you need to do.

I really liked the quick detach idea ever since I saw it in action on a tc 40d. I think all tractors should have it as standard equipment.

<font color="blue"> If all you are wanting is forks for your bucket check out CTI's website. </font>

Jason,

Interesting idea. But I think the share the lack of visability that I experience with my clamp on forks...thanks for pointing out that site.

<font color="blue"> Here's my advice: Don't buy the Tach-all now. Wait about 8-10 months... </font>

Rick,

I think I finally have realized that the B2910 is the perfect machine for most of my needs... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Probably will never go any larger... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Then again... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fishman, if/when I get a price I will post it here... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif