Kubota Pokey

/ Kubota Pokey #11  
The 3ph is a or has float on my Kubotas. There is no tractor provided hydraulic pushing down pressure except for the weight of what ever is on it. The hydraulics drop to the point where it's set or incremental drops or to the bottom if lever is pushed all the way forward and released back to center position, then it's floating and should be floating as far as raising up unless it's pulled all the way to the top. It raises with hyd lift as the lever is pulled back. Believe this is the way 3ph's work on most tractors, no down force except from weight of implement on the 3 ph.

/ Kubota Pokey
Thank You Grandad4. Practice is something I am good at... heee.... seems I do a lot of it. I was just confused at what angle I needed the box to be at. I saw a few videos on YouTube that showed people grading, but none showed the bottom edge(s) and what they should look like for what was needed. Everyone talks about these links. I don't think I have any links. I have levers at my right hand that tilt the bucket side to side and forward and back (for lack of proper terms) as well as up and down. So I am assuming that when it is said to lengthen the links that mean I should move the levers so the top of the bucket goes further away and the bottom of the bucket essentially gets closer which would take the back loose blade closer to the ground and the front digging blade on more of an angle. This is where i was confused. I thought the cutting blade should be more upright so it didn't grab so much dirt. But I am obviously thinking incorrectly on that. I have the teeth at the highest setting as the ground can be a bit tough on a few parts and the tractor will get stuck (I have 4WD) do to not enough power to get through it. So I figured a more shallow cut for several turns to break it up a bit then I can gradually go down further if needed. 2013-08-31 13.24.02.jpg This picture is the best picture I have of the back part. Dave is driving it off the horse trailer. Then this picture I took when I finally made enough of a mess and used the triangle drag to help me level things out a little. 2013-09-01 13.30.19.jpg.

/ Kubota Pokey #13  
The end of your top link is just visible in the lower right of the second picture. Evidently the tractor has a hydraulic adjustment for it since you can adjust it using a control. I suggest you try working with the blade at different angles of forward and back adjustment to see what effect it has. On my equipment, if you shorten the link (bringing the top of the blade forward) too much or if you lengthen it too much, there is little or no digging action, but there is a "sweet spot" in the adjustment where the front digging edge peels a nice slice of the ground with each pass. Just a little bit of adjustment can change how much the blade digs.

Also, just fyi, be careful about digging going backwards instead of forward. The tractor and the hitch linkages are designed for pulling and have less strength going in the other direction. OK to do light pushing in reverse, but avoid the heavy work.

/ Kubota Pokey
thank you again Grandad4. I will take a closer look to find the links. I only push backwards after I oops dug a trench. The dirt is pretty much sand like so if it gets too heavy the tractor doesn't move. Just spins the tires. But I will now keep in mind to be more careful to not get much behind it. I'll keep playing with it. I told a few of my clients that this is repay for when they tell me... but Val I'm not asking the horse to go sideways... and I say - but yes you are! I'm driving around thinking.. but I'm not asking it to dig that deep. And the tractor is saying - but yes you are!

/ Kubota Pokey
hmmm interesting. I'll have to look at that a little closer. I know if I push the lever "just right" and release it, it continues to move the box even though I released. Kinda like the auto window on your truck. Maybe I'm getting to the float but not realizing it and going past it or something. I was thinking it was getting stuck. maybe not.

/ Kubota Pokey
Thank you everyone who replied to my post. Yesterday I took my newly acquired knowledge of the angles for the box and did a MUCH better job. It isn't perfect yet but at least it is WAY closer to looking like a groomed riding area than a giant gopher was on the loose. Thank you so very much. :thumbsup: