Oil & Fuel Kubota brand engine oil

/ Kubota brand engine oil #1  

tjkubota93

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota bx1860
I am coming up on my 50hr service. I am trying to decide what type of engine oil to use. I like using readily available stuff and was thinking synthetic.
I have been told that Kubota branded engine oil has more zinc, and I think my cam is not a roller. So as much as I hate to do it, the extra zinc sounds better.
Any thoughts?

/ Kubota brand engine oil #2  
Any current HDEO will be fine in you Kubota. Check your manual, but oil should be rated for API CH-4 CI-4 CJ-4. I like to stick with common available name brands. Shell, Mobil, and Delo all make current top of the line oils, and are easy to find. 15w-40 is good for temps from 15F to 122F. 5w-40 synthetic is good for temps from -22F to 122F. Personally, I use Mobil 1 5w40 TDT in all my gasoline and diesel equipment. Good luck. Philip.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #3  
My Kubota manual says CJ-4 rated for DPF equipped engine only. Might not be wise as these ingredients that are "good" for cam wear will pollute a DPF or CAT quite quickly.
Fred

/ Kubota brand engine oil #4  
I 2nd Philip.

Maybe this will help --> Diesel Oil

This analysis was done during the on-highway EPA emissions transition to ULSD. It debunks some of the myths around all new oil have "no zinc" additive, among other things.

/ Kubota brand engine oil
Yeah, im lucky enough to have a muffler and thats it.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #6  
I bought a gallon of Kubota oil today and a filter for a F3080 at Barlows for $19. I think it's 10w40. I feel good but wish it had been about half that price course wishes aren't worth much.

/ Kubota brand engine oil
I read the info on deereman's link. I'm surprised rotella t6 didnt do better, thats what I was thinking about using. I guess regular valvoline must be as good as kubota ashland. I hate paying premium for a rebadged product.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #8  
Advance Auto here in Charlottesville now carries Castrol Edge 5w30, same as what the VW dealer sells for $8/qt or liter, for about 40 cents/qt or liter less. So, in future, I'll get oil for my tractor and Jetta TDI there. Lots cheaper than Mobil 1 ESP or Amsoil, which tend to run about $11/qt or liter. Unless you live far south, 5w30 ought to be fine. It's fine for a TDI going 80 mph on interstates in the summertime. VW won't let us use anything else during the warranty period. Will also be putting this stuff in my Isuzu diesel generator whenever it gets broken in.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #9  
Advance Auto here in Charlottesville now carries Castrol Edge 5w30, same as what the VW dealer sells for $8/qt or liter, for about 40 cents/qt or liter less. So, in future, I'll get oil for my tractor and Jetta TDI there. Lots cheaper than Mobil 1 ESP or Amsoil, which tend to run about $11/qt or liter. Unless you live far south, 5w30 ought to be fine. It's fine for a TDI going 80 mph on interstates in the summertime. VW won't let us use anything else during the warranty period. Will also be putting this stuff in my Isuzu diesel generator whenever it gets broken in.

Are you sure this oil is API C_ rated for diesel engines? I looked on Catrols website, and did not see where it was. VW will allow other oils to be used in their TDI engines while under warranty, must just be the dealership you use that tell's you this mis-information. Philip.

/ Kubota brand engine oil #10  
Kubota factory fill is 10W30 conventional motor oil.Shell Rotella 10W30 is a great choice is you wish to stay with conventional oil.Widely used around here in the north.
Remember,with motor oil,thin is in!2014 GM trucks use 0W20 Dexos oil and 75W85 high efficiency gear oil.
0W20 is real popular with Asian car builders these days.
Good Luck on your choice.