Snowblower for F2400

/ Snowblower for F2400 #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I see a snowblower advertised for sale.

The model is a SB-52. The chute is electronically opperated.

How does the electronics hook up to a F2400 tractor?

I have a open cab with a pair of overhead spotlights. Do I need to add a circuit or some kind of wiring harness for the chute?

What should a used SB 52 in good condition cost?

Thanks for any help.

Yooper Dave

/ Snowblower for F2400 #2  
Hi Dave:

I don't know what snowblower Kubota supplied for the F2100/F2400. Mine was made by Van Eyl and is 50" wide. I use a rule of thumb of 5HP per foot of width so a F2400 should be able to handle a snowblower up to about 5' in wide. However, when the snow is really heavy and deep enough, my tractor really works to handle the snow. I just go a little slower in such conditions.

My snowblower has hydraulic chute rotation and hydraulic discharge angling so I don't know about the electric rotator, but Kubota does use it on a lot of snowblowers so I don't think there should be a problem. There is a spare circuit coming out of the fuse box under the seat, I believe it is a red wire with a female bullet connector on it so you could use that. I use that feed to power my cab which includes four work lights, a blue strobe light, the heater blower motor, the windshield wiper and the interior cab light.

The price for a snowblower really depends on what kind of condition it is in, could be anywhere from $500 to $2000. There are two important aspects to a snowblower - the impeller dishcarge velocity and the gap between the impeller and the drum. The impeller on my snowblower is 20" in diameter which gives me a discharge velocity of about 5200 feet/min at 2000 engine rpm or 1000 pto rpm in low range. This gives me about a 100 foot throw in really dry snow and when the gap between the impeller and the drum is at the ideal, about 0.020" from BDC to the point of discharge. However the throw distance drops off significantly as the snow gets wetter and the gap between the impeller and the drum increases. It can get down to about 30 feet in really wet snow. When the gap between the impeller and the drum gets worn to the point that the impeller won't pick up a quarter, the tips of the impeller need to be rebuilt and then ground to fit the drum (0.020" clearance). The drum can also get bellied out from stones which also increases the gap between the impeller and the drum. This had happened to the drum on my snowblower before I bought it so I welded a 0.125" sleeve inside the drum and ground the impeller tips to 0.020" tolerance. If you rebuild the impeller tips you neeed to check the balance of the impeller.

Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 320238-Kubota-side-web-800.jpg
    320238-Kubota-side-web-800.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,725
   / Snowblower for F2400
That's the boy! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It came off a F2400 so it "should" be a good fit.

The seller has been very non-responsive to me so far. I have only been getting 1 or 2 word replies if he does reply, and does not address my direct questions.

I may just leave him and his sale alone.

We'll see what happens.

Yooper Dave

/ Snowblower for F2400 #5  
As an e bay seller and buyer, I have experienced this many times. I think that they are just not communicative people when it comes to writing. Almost like they are functional illiterates. I look at the pictures and make my decision based on that, because even though they are not conversing, they are still good honest people. You have to worry more about the people that are con artists and give you flowery descriptive narratives to take advantage of your trust.... From the auction picture, I wouldn't hesitate to bid on the item if it were relatively close to me and I could pick it up.

/ Snowblower for F2400 #6  
That's a good looking piece of equipment Dave and the price is right, at least so far, even if it does have some wear. I haven't seen one like that before. It appears to be a two-stage machine, but if so, where is the mechanism to drive the auger? The shaft from the PTO on mine goes into a gear box with 90 degree and 180 degree output shafts. The 180 degree shaft drives the impeller and the 90 degree shaft leads to the right edge and drives a chain to the auger with a 4:1 reduction. Is there a gear box in front of the impeller to drive the auger something like some of the walkbehinds have? Just curious.

Good luck.

/ Snowblower for F2400
They wanted $300 to deliver the unit less than 150 miles /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

If I deceide to bid, and if I win, I will take a buddy down and pick it up after work. Even at 12 mpg, it would still be worth my while. I just hope it does not weigh 400 pounds. I am still trying to get some approximate weight from the seller.

Yooper Dave

/ Snowblower for F2400 #8  
I am betting it is between 400 to 500 pounds.................They (Kubota)give the new model for F-series as weighing 383 pounds it also is a 52 inch blower.

/ Snowblower for F2400 #9  
I think Tomnky is right. Mine weighs about 400-50 lbs - **** heavy. It is made out of 0.250" plate!

/ Snowblower for F2400
In (typical) ebay fashion, the seller pulled the plug before the auction closed.

I really wanted the snow blower, but there is some relief because the seller was not putting me at ease anytime during the auction.

Maybe I'll find another one even closer to home /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Yooper Dave