Another tire loading question!

/ Another tire loading question! #1  

Hammer Head

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800 HST, Scag Tiger Cat
My new L3800 is due to arrive soon. I would like to load the tires with ww fluid to save delivery time and $. I will have a BH and just want some additional weight for the few times the hoe will be removed. Somewhere I saw a post from someone (here or on Orange Tractor) in the tire Business, say the alcohol will harm the rubber and cause pre mature dry rot or damage to the tires.
I live in central PA and would also like to add some antifreeze to the mix? My thought is the additives would help protect the rim as they do in the cooling system and give some additional freeze protection.
Any thoughts?

/ Another tire loading question! #3  
If you are willing to spend a little money: look at foam. You will have puncture-free tires and never need to put air in them again.

/ Another tire loading question! #4  
Use "RimGuard" Rim Guard - Liquid Tire Ballast
More weight, will not damage anything and wont freeze... KennyV

KennyV, Do you have any idea how much this would cost? I have an L3200 which is identical to the L3800 (just 6hp less) and I have been wanting to ballast the rear tires. I went to the site you provided, but no pricing. Thought you might have a general idea on cost. Thanks :smurf:

/ Another tire loading question!
KennyV, Do you have any idea how much this would cost? I have an L3200 which is identical to the L3800 (just 6hp less) and I have been wanting to ballast the rear tires. I went to the site you provided, but no pricing. Thought you might have a general idea on cost. Thanks :smurf:

I have not gotten a quote, If I recall it is around $4.oo per gal. You could call a dealer or tire canter to get pricing.

/ Another tire loading question! #6  
I put Rimguard in mine about 4 years ago and it was about 3 dollars a gallon installed in the tires. The only regret was I didn't do it sooner.

/ Another tire loading question! #7  
I purchased a JD 4105 with a backhoe last year. Before buying I had a long thread on what to get and what to get with it. Numerous people chimed in about NOT filling the rear tires if you have a backhoe. Had to do with using you backhoe to lift the rear end of the tractor to move side to side. I don't know either way but that was the consistent advice I got. Sure you can find it on the search. I figured I was going to load the tires before decided against it based on the posts. Good luck.

/ Another tire loading question!
I purchased a JD 4105 with a backhoe last year. Before buying I had a long thread on what to get and what to get with it. Numerous people chimed in about NOT filling the rear tires if you have a backhoe. Had to do with using you backhoe to lift the rear end of the tractor to move side to side. I don't know either way but that was the consistent advice I got. Sure you can find it on the search. I figured I was going to load the tires before decided against it based on the posts. Good luck.

Very valid point. My existing Ford 1720 with hoe performs well and the tires are not loaded.
My reason for the thought of loading would be the few times the hoe would be removed. I saw a post where someone was experiencing some stability issues without some additional weight. I think I will wait and see.
Thanks

/ Another tire loading question! #9  
I built a simple angle iron and plywood box, filled it with concrete and now I have about $75 bucks into a 500 lb counterweight. So either you have a heavy implement, backhoe or counterweight on the back of your tractor. The counterweight will also take a lot of tension off the front axle and steering when doing loader work.

/ Another tire loading question! #10  

Check around at your local AG tire shops... If you have several places to price at you should find someone that can install for just Under $3 a gallon. The places that buy in Large Bulk quantities will have the Best prices.