Temp. Guage

/ Temp. Guage #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
Where should the temp. guage be at normal operating conditions? I have a B7500 and use it around the yard but even when it runs continuosly for an hour or more the temp hand barely moves to the top of the C mark. I figured it would ride about half way between the cold and hot but it does'nt. Is this normal??. My tractor is new with only 7hrs on it and it's always done this.
Donny from Georgia

/ Temp. Guage #2  
My 1998 B2400 with 900hrs operates at the same reading unless it's very warm and I'm putting a heavy load on it. The warmest I've ever had it was midway on the gauge and that was in 95F weather, pulling brush hog thru 4ft high grass on a long uphill! They seem to run on the cool side of the gauge.

/ Temp. Guage #3  
Like you I figured my BX 1500 would run about mid-scale under normal operating conditions. Instead it barely gets into the normal range. While mowing heavy grass in 100 + weather this summer it got maybe ¼ to 1/3 of the way into the normal range for a short time. Yours sounds like it reads about like mine.

/ Temp. Guage #4  
My BX2200 always has run half -way bween hot and cold marks............

/ Temp. Guage #5  
Donny,

The temp gauge on my BX runs right in the middle. I view that as "normal" for my machine. I don't expect the gauges to be calibrated to a standard, more of an indicator of when something changes. If it wasn't there I would be concerned, consistency is good in this case.

You could install a thermalcouple or try an infared meter to measure the actual temp and compare to operating specs.
I suspect you are doing just fine but if it would ease your mind... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cool runnings,
Michael

/ Temp. Guage #6  
My B7500 has always run with the temperature around the top of the letter "C" on the gauge. I have also on a few occasions had it get pretty close to the "H" when the grill clogged with crap from a new lawn while mowing. Your gauge and tractor is fine.

Jeff

/ Temp. Guage
Jeff,
What kind of MMM do you have? Does anyone else make MMM for kubotas other than kubota and woods?
Donny

/ Temp. Guage #8  
Don,

I have the Kubota 60" MMM. It seems to work very well though I wish it were easier to get the yoke connected to the PTO. I think the collar locking in the disengage position until you get it connected would make it a whole lot easier.

Jeff