Lighting up my B2320

/ Lighting up my B2320 #1  

poldies4

Silver Member
Tractor
B 2320
Hey fellas, it's been probably 2 or 3 years since I've posted, but I'm in need of some advice. I recently upgraded form my beloved BX1860 to a B2320. I loved the BX and did about 100 hrs a year on it, but just needed something a little bigger.

I use the tractor to maintain my motocross track, which is in the woods and has lots of jumps, hills and dark dirt, move snow, and occasionally on a jobsite if necessary. The problem is that we are down to short days here, so a lot of my work needs to be done in the dark. The headlights are pretty useless when the loader is on the tractor, and the lack of lights on the back makes backblading in reverse near impossible. I noticed a couple of what looks like threaded inserts welded to the rops, are these for lights?

I'm looking for the easiest way to put lights on this thing, affordability is paramount as well. I'd really prefer to do it plug and play type, rather than having to wire something in to the harness.

Thanks in advance for any advice....

Here she is
5513526615b154d1ef911f170727ec07_zpsf875b3db.jpg

Oh, and IF Kubota made a dirt bike I'd buy one...:) This is the next best thing...love the color orange....
7c5c9720cff711927bd3bb98280fd657.jpg

32441761ff6ca1a2d701d11c8b63d395_zps9d03d8d1.jpg

/ Lighting up my B2320 #2  
I have the kubota worklights for my b2920. They mount on the rops and i have one pointed forward and one backward. They do the job well enough. I think bxpanded has some LED ones that are nice too. Be careful with current draw ad these machines barely produce enough electric to charge the battery unless you upgrade the alternator. Its easy to have a dead battery if you have too many lights.

/ Lighting up my B2320 #3  
Hi poldies4,
I've been meaning to join the forum and when I read your post I decided that now was the time to join in. I have a B2320DTV on order and expect delivery sometime this week. I've ordered two worklights and asked that they be mounted on the upper part of the ROPS, facing forward. This way they'll be above my head, hopefully reducing glare. When using my splitter or 3PH blower, I'll lower the ROPS to have the lights facing rearward, where I need them. I think it should work for what I want to do. Don't know whether it would suit you. P.S - I've ordered the HD 40A alternator.

/ Lighting up my B2320 #4  
Tractchores could you please post pics? Vetteman46, you as well please when you get it. Thanks.

/ Lighting up my B2320 #5  
Tractchores could you please post pics? Vetteman46, you as well please when you get it. Thanks.

They are the standard worklights from Kubota I believe (tractor came with them). They are normally mounted with one on each side of the rops vertically for BH work (a top mount light doesn't work using the BH because the boom shades the work area so you must light from the side). I took them off and altered them because I was doing snow removal at night and as mentioned the headlights suck with a FEL on.

Had the tractor not come with these and I was buying after market I would likely go for some kind of super bright LED and maybe do 2 forward and 2 backward, though that could be overkill. I do often find that I use these lights to illuminate a work site at night even when the tractor is not being used for the work.

DSCN4182.jpg
A picture showing the configuration. The top one is facing forward and the mount has a pivot so I can flip it up when using the BH for more headroom, or adjust for how far forward of the tractor it will shine. It's very bright and sheds a beam that is probably 15 - 20' wide. I usually aim it so it's just above the FEL, it's directly above my head so there is no glare at all.

The rear facing light is in its original position. It is also on a pivot. It provides a very bright light and while it's not a super wide beam it's sufficient for reverse (I use a backblade in reverse clearing snow). If I did not have a BH I probably would have moved it to the top with the other one.

P1000021.jpg
Closer picture of the mounts. They're just two metal plates that bolt down and clamp the ROPS. The light switches are on the lights themselves. I think these are halogen or something, they get pretty hot (good in a heavy snow as it keeps them clear). The pivot inside the ROPS is really nice as it protects the lights when you fold it and if you're doing work in the woods you don't have to worry about breaking them on a branch.

/ Lighting up my B2320
Thanks for the response guys. In regards to the alternator issue, I generally let the tractor idle for at least 5 min or so to cool down before shutting it off. If I were to do this after each use would it be enough to recharge the system? Thanks again....

/ Lighting up my B2320 #8  
Thanks for the response guys. In regards to the alternator issue, I generally let the tractor idle for at least 5 min or so to cool down before shutting it off. If I were to do this after each use would it be enough to recharge the system? Thanks again....

Depends on what you draw. If you draw so much that it draws the battery down then no, if it draws just enough so the batt isn't charging much then maybe. I do that when I have all my lights on. The batteries on these are not huge.

/ Lighting up my B2320 #9  
I bought this magnetic light from Northern Tool for use on my BX-25. It plugs into your 12-volt accessory port; I believe is was about $40. In the pic, you will see a small pet collar. The magnet is strong. The collar was for added piece of mind.

Attachments

• Northern Tool Work Light.jpg
    Northern Tool Work Light.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 308
   / Lighting up my B2320 #10  
I mounted 4, 27 watt LED lights. 2 mounted forward and 2 mounted backward. I have the low amp dynamo so this was much cheaper than an upgrade and there is great light nearly 360 degrees around. Here is a link to the ones I bought. LEDSTORES