Tractor
    Kubota L35

Default New metal Garage and Kubota L35

About to pull the trigger on a metal garage as I need to get something in for my new L35 before the winter and that seems to be the most cost effective and I'm running out of time. Can anyone confirm if this machine will fit through an 8' high door? Searching around it looks to be spec'd at 94" but I never measured it and am not near where I keep it.

Also, any comments on the metal style buildings. Seems pretty cheap at the outset but by the time I put down stone, reinforced concrete, and a few options I'm near $9k for 18'x30' installed. It's another $1500 for heavier and more beams for 70lb snow load certification. Not sure if I need that and am already spending more than I should. In the western Catskills so do get a fair amount of snow.

Thanks,
    Steve.

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Default Re: New metal Garage and Kubota L35

Is your metal building a quonset type? I've got a 25x30 that they called the X style from Future Steel. If so and you're in at $9k installed, foundation, etc. that isn't too bad. I'm sure I couldn't do foundation work, frame, roof, etc. for that size building in my area.
    I recently purchased a smaller steel building (16x24) for a great price. It was purchased new in 2005. Has had 2 owners but never been erected. I've got a driveway put in and the stone down for a place to pour a pad and put the building up in spring. What I did do with my first steel building was to cut a couple of rectangular holes in each peak (gable area) and put louvers in to eliminate condensation. So far, so good with it because it's only used as unheated storage.
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Oliver 1855, Case 1840, Cub 1550

Check with your local building inspection department, for snow load requirements.

Dave

I have an 8' door on my garage, and my cabbed B3030 makes it with about 2" to spare. I think your tractor, due to the roof, will need a 8.5' door or 9'.

Tractor
    L35, Ford 3600

FWIW, my unscientific measurements at my barn door (103") with a dirt floor. 93" for the top and 95" for the hoe in transport position.