New metal Garage and Kubota L35

/ New metal Garage and Kubota L35 #1  

Telstar2112

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L35, GR2120
About to pull the trigger on a metal garage as I need to get something in for my new L35 before the winter and that seems to be the most cost effective and I'm running out of time. Can anyone confirm if this machine will fit through an 8' high door? Searching around it looks to be spec'd at 94" but I never measured it and am not near where I keep it.

Also, any comments on the metal style buildings. Seems pretty cheap at the outset but by the time I put down stone, reinforced concrete, and a few options I'm near $9k for 18'x30' installed. It's another $1500 for heavier and more beams for 70lb snow load certification. Not sure if I need that and am already spending more than I should. In the western Catskills so do get a fair amount of snow.

Thanks,
Steve.

/ New metal Garage and Kubota L35 #2  
Is your metal building a quonset type? I've got a 25x30 that they called the X style from Future Steel. If so and you're in at $9k installed, foundation, etc. that isn't too bad. I'm sure I couldn't do foundation work, frame, roof, etc. for that size building in my area.
I recently purchased a smaller steel building (16x24) for a great price. It was purchased new in 2005. Has had 2 owners but never been erected. I've got a driveway put in and the stone down for a place to pour a pad and put the building up in spring. What I did do with my first steel building was to cut a couple of rectangular holes in each peak (gable area) and put louvers in to eliminate condensation. So far, so good with it because it's only used as unheated storage.

/ New metal Garage and Kubota L35 #3  
Check with your local building inspection department, for snow load requirements.

Dave

/ New metal Garage and Kubota L35 #4  
I have an 8' door on my garage, and my cabbed B3030 makes it with about 2" to spare. I think your tractor, due to the roof, will need a 8.5' door or 9'.

/ New metal Garage and Kubota L35 #5  
FWIW, my unscientific measurements at my barn door (103") with a dirt floor. 93" for the top and 95" for the hoe in transport position.