Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

Default Re: almost no brakes on bx25

Like RaydaKub, I find that I really don't use the brake much except for locking them on when parking, as the HST does all the braking I normally need. That was why I couldn't understand why I suddenly had hardly any brakes, and the pedal went almost to the floor. It seemed like it was quite sudden, but perhaps it had been getting worse and I just never really noticed.

winedown, unless yours has already been adjusted to it's limit you should be able to adjust and have your brakes back. It's hard to believe the brakes would already need changing unless it was used with the brakes locked or something. Good luck, I hope that's all it is!

J F
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

Quote Originally Posted by winedown View Post

My quote is $1500 for labor @ 30 hrs plus parts!
    30 hours?? Must be a bear of a job.

(posted from an unnamed brand of tablet)
    ____
    Jay

Tractor
    2012 Kubota BX25

Thanks for all the input.

Turned out to be a lot of dead grass jambed up by the brake linkage and a rock underneath all the grass that could have caused some of the problem. Then I adjusted the RH turnbuckle(there is only the one) and was able to get the free play in the pedal back to 1 1/4". Put it all back together. Started it up and had brakes. Even if I don't use them it just feels better knowing that I can, especially on the steep hillsides I have to mow.
    Now I can concentrate on learning how to use the backhoe and loader. Thanks, everyone.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

Great to hear!

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Excellent fix- good thing you didn't give it to the dealer. BTW, for the pooster who asked, slowing to stop via the HST is how it's supposed to work. No harm will come to the HST by doing this. Worry if/when it does not come to a stop on release of the pedal, within reason, not coming down Everest.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    Excellent fix- good thing you didn't give it to the dealer. BTW, for the pooster who asked, slowing to stop via the HST is how it's supposed to work. No harm will come to the HST by doing this. Worry if/when it does not come to a stop on release of the pedal, within reason, not coming down Everest.
    I was pretty sure that was the case, but it doesn't hurt to ask. So...my brake won't hold on a 25 degree hill, but it holds on level ground just fine. But I guess in the end, I don't care...who needs a brake?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12