What is this lever?

/ What is this lever? #1  

Hammer Head

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800 HST, Scag Tiger Cat
Just received my new L3800HST yesterday. my Son noticed a lever down near (behind) the brake release lever.
I could not find anything in the owners manual, is it a compression release?

/ What is this lever? #2  
If the lever matches the brake SET lever and is to the left of the brake SET lever, it is probably the Cruise Control engagement.

This is a dealer installed kit on Kubotas, or at least it is a kit installation my B3300SU.

Last edited:
   / What is this lever? #3  
Just received my new L3800HST yesterday. my Son noticed a lever down near (behind) the brake release lever.

A photo of the lever would be a big help.

/ What is this lever? #5  

Hm... there is no brake release lever on a L3800hst. There is a brake set lever. but there is no lever behind it. The brakes are released by pressing the brake pedals to allow the set lever ratchet to release. on a DT version there is a PTO lever near where you are indicating, but yours is an HST and the PTO engagement lever is is up high on the right.. The differential lock lever on an HST model is on the left on the other side of the transmission tunnel... That is all I can think of on the floor on your model other than the brake pedals, and the HST treadle pedal..I give up..There is no compression release.. We need a picture of what you are calling a lever.???

James K0UA

/ What is this lever? #6  
Ejection Seat?

/ What is this lever? #7  
Ejection Seat?

Yeah, I am wracking the old gourd here, and I cannot think of a thing where he is indicating. Maybe someone installed that ejection seat:D

/ What is this lever? #8  
Yeah, I am wracking the old gourd here, and I cannot think of a thing where he is indicating. Maybe someone installed that ejection seat:D

I have one and found it the second Day.

/ What is this lever? #9  
OMG.. :shocked: It's called the "Speed set device"

/ What is this lever? #10  
Dont know the new ones but sounds like the fuel cutoff knob placement on our Kub Ls