Bx25 winter storage

/ Bx25 winter storage #1  

Soapandbacon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
Just wondering what I need to do to put away my bx, this is the first winter that I will have had it. It will be stored in an unseated garage. So what do I need to do to "winterize" it ? Thanks

/ Bx25 winter storage #2  
Nothing. You may want to get it out and move snow, if not then it'll be ready for next spring.

/ Bx25 winter storage #3  
I take the battery out of my BX-25 for the winter. I bring it inside and put a charge on it once a month. It might be also a good idea to treat your diesel for winter use. In a pitch, you might have to move the tractor.

Attachments

• Kubota BX25 Bucket in Snow.jpg
    Kubota BX25 Bucket in Snow.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 185
   / Bx25 winter storage #6  
Service manual says to grease the chromed hydraulic pistons where exposed.

/ Bx25 winter storage #7  
I installed an onboard battery tender and make sure all the fluids are at the correct levels. In the past 18 years, it has never given me a problem doing this. I've done nothing special with it except it stays inside a barn.

/ Bx25 winter storage #8  
Just wondering what I need to do to put away my bx, this is the first winter that I will have had it. It will be stored in an unseated garage. So what do I need to do to "winterize" it ? Thanks

We use our BX23s all winter for plowing snow. I installed a permanent surface mount bulkhead connector into the left side of my dash. (the side of the dash facing outward)
Whenever the tractor is sitting between snow plowing, its plugged in to the battery tender. I have a heated garage, so no worries for me there.

I would put some power service anti-gel additive in the fuel tank and then top it off so that it will keep alot of the moisture out of the tank while its full and sitting.
Mix the additive in your fuel can first. Fill the tractor, then run it around a bit to get the treated fuel throughout the fuel system to protect it. Top off the tank.
Power Service additive is not just only for anti-gelling, it has additives to lube and prevent corrosion. (Walmart carry`s it, approx $9.00)

If you`re positively SURE you`re not going to run the tractor at all, i would at least bring the battery inside for the winter.
Get a battery tender at walmart, your battery will last longer. Just plug it in and walk away until spring time.

If you want to hard mount a battery tender plug-in onto your tractor, this is like what i bought for our BX. Its makes life so much easier. No worries about wires hanging off to get caught up in anything.
The battery tender already comes with the cord that you`ll need to hook it up to the battery. Once you`ve install the bulkhead connector, you just simply plug the battery leads into the bulkhead, an plug the charger in.

Amazon.com: OptiMATE CABLE, O-4s, Weatherproof Bulkhead/Panel Mount SAE Power Point: Automotive