Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140?

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140? #1  

adkalex

Tractor
2012 Kubota M5140DT
Hello all,
I bought a 9 foot Fisher plow from a friend and have mounted it to a 3/8 quick attach plate. It seems huge. Did I buy one too big? Anyone with any experience. I will be installing a relief valve.

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140? #2  
Googled it. Ahh...a snow plow. I'll let someone else handle this.

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140? #3  
9 foot is wide for a 5140. But how much snow do you need to move in one shot? Do you use tire chains? If your snow is not too deep/heavy, at least you'll clear a wide path. Try it out and see!

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140? #4  
9 foot is wide for a 5140. But how much snow do you need to move in one shot? Do you use tire chains? If your snow is not too deep/heavy, at least you'll clear a wide path. Try it out and see!

But if you angle it 45 degrees for best snow moving, it could be too narrow ! I use an 8 footer and on my 1070 and it works very well for me at a 30 degree angle. The 45 angle is best for smoothing, too, if you have dirt or gravel to contend with.

Make sure you have plenty of front weight for steering control.

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140? #5  
9 ft angled 45 degrees is clearing a 6'-4" path.

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140? #6  
They say "plow with the storm". Your first pass will be tough if you let it accumulate, after that you can half blade it. You know each snow is a little different, heavier wetter and under tire conditions as well. I think you'll be fine. If I snooze on a deep one, that is let it get to deep, the first pass is down the milldle with the blade straight. A deep enough snow will push most any plow off direction.

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140? #7  
Have ballast too. Our 9 foot 6 plow is close to 1k in weight

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140?
I have filled AG tires. I really do not need to move snow very far. My driveway is near a half mile with 5 or so push offs, but it is wide enough to push snow to the side for most winters. I do have a 5 foot snow blower in case we get a wicked winter. Thanks for all the advice. I will post picks when I finish my terrible paint job.:eek:

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140? #9  
I have an eight ft. on my L4240,you should have no problem with a nine.

/ Is a 9 Foot Fisher plow too big for my 5140?
That's what I wanted to hear, thanks