3 pt. tire damage

/ 3 pt. tire damage #1  

Tractorrr

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota bx 2370-1
Anyone else ever rubbed their lower link on the back tire and caused some damage to the tire. I was bush hogging and over tightened the right lower link and I guess that caused it to go over to the left too far. Heard a noise but didn't realize it was the lower link digging into the tire for about 40 yards.

/ 3 pt. tire damage #2  
don't sweat it.

the first day i owned my yanmar 1700 I let the lower lift arm get into those rice tires and it bent the adjustable lift link into a pretzle.

stuff happens.

wait till you have a tractor with a parking brake and back out of the barn and start to mown and notice the brake on.

it's one of those head slapping moments.

next you will invariably. at least once. run slap out of fuel and have to walk and get fuel.. then fight to restart it. :)

/ 3 pt. tire damage #3  
don't sweat it.

the first day i owned my yanmar 1700 I let the lower lift arm get into those rice tires and it bent the adjustable lift link into a pretzle.

stuff happens.

wait till you have a tractor with a parking brake and back out of the barn and start to mown and notice the brake on.

it's one of those head slapping moments.

next you will invariably. at least once. run slap out of fuel and have to walk and get fuel.. then fight to restart it. :)

Yup
Yup
and
Yup
Done each of those things at least once.
I will add starting to drive away from the rake after unhooking everything....... except the PTO

/ 3 pt. tire damage #4  
And drive in the garage with out pushing the door up high enough.... ROPS

/ 3 pt. tire damage #5  
....or forget to lift 3pt winch and dragging blade across lawn...:smiley_aafz:

/ 3 pt. tire damage #6  
Or crushed the hood while looking for hydraulic leaks- using the loader controls with the hood up :ashamed:

/ 3 pt. tire damage #7  
Or lifting a bucket of logs to high with the bucket at full curl and denting your hood as a few logs roll out.

/ 3 pt. tire damage #8  
Decided to unfasten the grader blade from its frame and move it off center so the blade would reach into the ditch and the tractor could stay on the flat part of the road. Too much for the three point to handle and it swung into the tire. Carved out the rubber pretty good.