Help Needed with BX 22 loss of operation.....

/ Help Needed with BX 22 loss of operation..... #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
I was filling in a trench today and filled the bucket with a load of rocks and took them over to the rock pile for dumping. After I dumped them, the loader would not respond to raising or dumping unless I feathered the control to raise and pushed all the way forward to dump. I revved the engine to see if the pump might be running slow, but to no avail. Then I attempted to re install the hoe which was removed earlier in the day and found that there is no hydraulic pressure to operate the hoe. I have noticed that the hoe was always a slow moving operation, but I assumed that it was because that was the way it is designed. It digs well...... that is until todays problem. I also had trouble getting it out of 4 wheel drive, but assumed that was something that will smooth out with time. Any suggestions what I can check? Puzzled in Woodstock.......... the Junkmann2 /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Help Needed with BX 22 loss of operation..... #2  
Don't know if it will help with a BX 22 But I had a similar situation with my L3010. solution was the 3pt handle had been raised to the up position with the backhoe installed. This caused the hydraulic circuit to dump everything to the 3pt arm instead of the other controls.

/ Help Needed with BX 22 loss of operation.....
Been racking my brain as to what would cause this to work one moment and not another. Decided that a check of the oil level was in order and found that there is not even a drop on the end of the dip stick. I checked it when I first received the tractor about a week ago when it was delivered and had 3 hours on it. Now it has 13 and where did all the oil go? The dipstick is just about impossible to get to and even harder to read an oil level on it. Only reason I know that there isn't any on it, I dried it and then reinserted and placed it on a tissue. Not even a stain!!!!!! What damage do you think might have been done????..... thanks Junkman

/ Help Needed with BX 22 loss of operation..... #4  
there might have been air pockets in the backhoe. That might explain the missing hyd oil.

/ Help Needed with BX 22 loss of operation..... #5  
Junkman,

I had the same problem a coupla weeks ago. I have the 4 way valve on my FEL. The hydro lines are packed pretty tight in that thing and with use of the FEL, it actually barely disconnected one of the hydro couplings. It was so slight, I didn't even notice, but had the same symptoms you're talking about. I checked the fluid, etc., but problem not fixed (obviously) until I reconnected that coupling.

/ Help Needed with BX 22 loss of operation..... #6  
Also check the mechanical adjustments of the valve...I started to have trouble with my FEL while plowing last year and found that the centering adjustments for the joystick had become loose.

/ Help Needed with BX 22 loss of operation.....
Problem solved......... I added a quart of UTD to the system this morning and it didn't resolve the problem. I also checked all the connections last night and again this morning and they were all connected. As a last resort, I disconnected each hose coupling and reconnected them. This resolved the problem and it is working properly again. The one thing that I did have a problem with is the <font color="red"> red </font> disconnect. It was difficult to get apart and also difficult to reconnect. I moved the joy stick to all positions and then tried to remove the <font color="red"> red </font> connector again and it is still difficult. In any one has a 4 position valve, I would appreciate it if you would try your <font color="red"> red </font> coupling and let me know if it is also difficult to remove and reconnect or if I just have a bad coupling...... If this problem happens again, I will disconnect each hose and reconnect and try the loader operation before moving onto the next coupling... that way, I will be able to determine which hose is causing the problem... thanks..... the Junkman