Kubota Longevity

/ Kubota Longevity #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
Visited an old friend this weekend and noticed he was still using the same Kubota tractor I had used nearly 25 years ago! It looked pretty bad, but still ran great. I couldn't even get the model number off the side as it was long gone. He said he lost the front driveshaft (splines wore) so he just welded it solid. Other than that, it just keeps on ticking. Even stays outside, uncovered year 'round (it's no showpiece for sure).

We got to talking tractors a bit and he asked why I bought a John Deere after my favorable experiences with his Kubota. Gotta say, I really didn't have a good answer for that question.

It sure did point out how long these things can last, even with next to no care taken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota Longevity #2  
I replaced my 1957 Power King last December with a Kubota BX2200. The Power King was still running well. Everything was original on it including the engine and tires. The engine was a 9 HP Briggs with a heavy cast iron block. The engine was never rebuilt and it did not use oil. I regret selling it!

The guy that bought it is in the process of repainting/restoring it.

Attached is a picture of it when it was new in 1957. That is my uncle driving it.

John

Attachments

• 324326-John\'s Power King 6-15-1957 Myers Ln.jpg
    324326-John\'s Power King 6-15-1957 Myers Ln.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 509
   / Kubota Longevity #4  
Now that is a cool picture!