Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #1  

bumperm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3350 cab & BX24
I named this thread "info and hints", as I'd like it to cover more than just problems. Just got my new B3350 yesterday :). Impressive machine with a lot to like, more glass than a PopeMobile . . . the cab is excellent, though being "walled off" from the world with glass will take some getting used to, while being a real blessing running the snowblower.

Speaking of which, I got the B2782 front mount blower with hydraulic chute rotation. There may be an issue with the way they plumbed or designed the hydraulics in terms of the interface with the hydraulic chute rotation. On the loader quick connects, C and D are left and right on the joy stick and those are the two middle ports. The delivery guy said the installation manual for sub blower quick mount indicated those were the outlets they "had" to use for blower up/down. (Of course this is screwed up, 'cause you almost *have* to have float function available in the "down" circuit with a blower so it can follow the terrain.

Page 45 of the user manual does have an ominous warning that didn't translate from the Japanese very well: First paragraph seems to say it is not okay to connect attachment through C and D that go "through the hydraulic motor" as the seals on the hydraulic motor will be damaged . . ."

With the chute rotation hooked up to the joystick UP/DOWN (and real muscle memory screw up for the operator - - and no float for the blower) the chute rotates nicely and speed is featherable.

With the blower hooked up the way it "should be" Joy stick up down for blower up/down, and chute rotation on joystick left right. Chute rotation seems not featherable and is quite fast. (The required restricter orifices are installed on the hydraulic motor ports.)

When I questioned the delivery guy about all this, he said the assembly mechanics questioned it too, called Kubota and were told that's the way it should be hooked up (i.e. blower up/down on joystick left and right) . . . they didn't consider the blower float requirement. Guess I'll find out more on Monday and will update this.

If anyone else has a B50 series with front mount blower and hydraulic chute rotation, I'd sure appreciate any info. For now, I'm taking the blower off, putting the loader and hoe back on and going to play in the dirt . . . no snow yet anyway!

bumper

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #2  
I have a new 2650, also with the 2782 front mount blower and hydraulic chute rotation and hydraulic chute up/down. Both chute controls are operated with the left-right joystick movement. A separate electric switch attached to my joystick will change the hydraulics from chute up/down to chute rotation. Regardless of the position of the switch, the joystick up/down only controls the up/down movement of the quick-attach subframe, and hence raises or lowers the entire snowblower mechanism. The float position of the joystick remains available and works as designed. Both chute rotation and chute up/down are fast, but feathering is manageable.

No snow yet, but I am looking forward to it.

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints
BadDog,

That is helpful . . . I'm sure my dealer's mechanic screwed up on mine, good to know your chute rotation (and deflection in your case) is running off joystick left right.

When you move your joystick either left or right, there is a "first stage" of movement before you feel a little more resistance and then further movement of the stick. Does your chute start rotating during this first stage or only as you get to or beyond the resistance?

Reason I ask is when I hook up my hydraulic chute rotation to left/right, it only starts moving after I pass through that first stage to the resistance area - - then it starts quickly and moves fast. Doesn't feather well at all.

bumper

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #4  
Just a thought but, since your machine is brand new it sounds like, by the way you describe "stages", that there may still be some air in the lines for the chute. Maybe you can try to operate the chute left to right at full travel several times and see if the stages go away. Nothing to lose by trying it.

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #5  
Bumper-I think what you have is normal.The foward and back controls the lift and drop/float of the subframe the blower is mounted on.
The left and right control the chute rotation.You should be able to rotate the chute left with control but the right movement will require moving past the detent where the chute will turn quite fast.
This is due to the regenerative hydraulics for the slow dump on the loader.
I would be surprised if you had a detent on the left function.The only way I'm aware of to slow the right rotation is to install a restriction orifice in the line.
You can learn to live with it!
Good Luck!

Number two,

I think you are correct. The B50 series manual, pg 45, shows R1 followed by R2 (I think this stands for Right 1 and 2 rather than "regen", but not sure) when moving the joystick from center to the right. It states, "When taking off hydraulic power from port (D), the flow rte can be adjusted in 2 stages with the lever. The flow rate is high at position (R1) and low at position (R2). Move the lever to position (R1) or (R2) depending on the attachment in use.

The worrisome part is that the manual says, "Do not connect attachments through the hydraulic motor to the (C) and (D) ports. If the control lever is moved to the Regeneration position (R1), the seals on the hydraulic motor will be damaged."

Okay, the problem occurs that the Quick Hitch installation manual says to hook up the up/down hydraulic cylinder to the (C) and (D) ports . . . yup, them's the left and right ports, and that's what the mechanics did. They then connected the hydraulic chute rotation motor to the (A) and (B) ports, the joystick up/down and float. I'll be kind and not say that is clueless, but it sure won't work with the blower not having float available.

So, then I went ahead and hooked things up the "right way". Problem was that the chute rotation motor wouldn't start running until I got to (R1) - - a no no according to the manual. What I don't know is if the fact it didn't run with just a little joystick motion was my fault . . . I might have not had the engine running fast enough. Or, it could be there was some contamination blocking the restrictor orifices.

With things hooked up the "right" way, I guess it's best to be real careful not to move the joystick too far to the right and risk blowing the motor seals?

bumper

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #7  
Bumper,I still think you're OK.The joystick has to move to the far right position for the chute to rotate.
Once you get full right,it's kind of all or nothing,full speed ahead.
Like I said,you can get used to it!
You've found out how to set it up,now match up your hose/coupler plugs and markers so you'll never be confused about it in the future.
Good Luck!

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #8  
Hey, Bumper

I just picked up my B3350 as well and have a question regarding the front loader. Mine came with no visible grease on the zerks? I figured the factory just wiped them down after greasing but the few zerks the tractor has have visible grease so I find this kind of concerning?

2010drive,

Mine was liberally greased using red grease - - except for the mechanical thumb and the both the front loader and backhoe attach hooks and fixing pins (I like to at least coat those with a thin coating of grease. Manual recommends moly grease (which will obviously be black).

In any case you'll want to grease it right away, then every ten hours.

I used the BH77 to dig out a big tree stump today. Works very well, but after about an hour of fairly hard digging, engine at 2500 rpm, backhoe started vibrating. Hoe cylinders were pretty warm, though certainly not hot (could leave hand on them with no discomfort). Went to idle for a few minutes and then shut down for half an hour. When I started digging again, all was normal.

Hydraulic fluid on the dipstick looked good and full. Wonder if the oil was foaming, pump cavitating - - I have no clue? Couldn't find anything on the net either.

bumper

/ Kubota B2650 and B3350 info and hints #10  
Thanks for the info bumper,

This is my first tractor so it's going to be a learning experience. This is the grease I picked up a week ago before getting my tractorhttps://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?catid=14&iid=37&loc=show It's not black but I assume it will be fine?

The manual recommends not running the tractor at full throttle for the first 50 hours maybe that had something to do with the backhoe issue?