First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install

/ First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install #11  
I'll get some fresh photos of the shed today for those interested. As for the battery tenders. I have one on everything that has a battery. It gets cold here and the battery tender takes good care of the batteries. As an example. I have had our 2003 Honda GoldWing since new. It's parked 80% of the time but has always been on a tender and it's still on its original battery to this day. As a matter of fact I haven't purchased a battery in ten years. I do use the battery tender brand name but I do also have tenders that have the " Automatic Full floating mode" and that what you should be looking for in any tender.

wingatnight.jpg

/ First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install #12  
My bx25 battery on my 2009 has lived through Canadiian winters up at the cottage where it goes down to 30 below at times. Always started up right away, and last winter I didn't even plug in the block heater. Very impressed. (I use it for snow blowing every 2-3 weeks.)

/ First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install #13  
Very nice shed. Any pictures of the outside?

Here you go Tom. The two guys built it on site this summer. 16' x20'. It's exclusively for the BX. Lots of room in it. The wife got her shed right next to it. Where the new shed is was all woods until this spring. Full of stumps, rocks..... The BX was great for this project. We'll be expanding on the project this coming spring. More back filling and a large steel building. Sorry Draggoneggs for butting in here :eek:

5a0736b0ffd44d6bd63b6f8f01c91fd9_zps47176736.jpg

d539d8d77113c7ac339f5f8c09294bd6_zps9c873f0c.jpg

DSC00235_zps237490e5.jpg

DSC00234_zpsd4a514bb.jpg

DSC00236_zpsc0cfc123.jpg

DSC00237_zpsd9275140.jpg

DSC00238_zpsd99e09ff.jpg

DSC00244_zps8ba8a404.jpg

/ First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install #14  
Here you go Tom. The two guys built it on site this summer. 16' x20'. It's exclusively for the BX. Lots of room in it. The wife got her shed right next to it. Where the new shed is was all woods until this spring. Full of stumps, rocks..... The BX was great for this project. We'll be expanding on the project this coming spring. More back filling and a large steel building. Sorry Draggoneggs for butting in here :eek:

Very nice. Thank you, gives me some ideas.

/ First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install #15  
For those of you who may be thriftier than Paul, like me, I will toss in that I have had good luck for 3 or 4 years with Harbor Freight's little $5 (on sale) battery tenders. I use them for my Kubota and my garden tractor, and I will say both have the batteries they came with. Now that I think about it, the Kubota's is at least 13 years old, maybe more, since it was with the tractor when I got it. Knock on wood, eh?

/ First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install #16  
You are right about the bad instructions. When I got done installing the 3-pt hitch on my BX-25, I wondered what to do with the shiny brass bracket that held up the top link.

Attachments

• Kubota BX 25 and Rear Blade.jpg
    Kubota BX 25 and Rear Blade.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 152
   / First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install
No problem at all 4shorts! I am trying as we speak here to figure out a good locale and how I might build a shed for full protection and storage. Right now the tractor and implements (other than the BH) are sitting under my deck covered patio in the back. I did put the metal roofing up under the deck to keep the whole patio dry but I want sides and some security. Thanks for showing the framing/in process pics.

I think the key is to have not only enough space but some well thought out maneuvering room for implements and hook ups.

/ First time BX25 backhoe removal and 3pt hitch install #19  
No problem at all 4shorts! I am trying as we speak here to figure out a good locale and how I might build a shed for full protection and storage. Right now the tractor and implements (other than the BH) are sitting under my deck covered patio in the back. I did put the metal roofing up under the deck to keep the whole patio dry but I want sides and some security. Thanks for showing the framing/in process pics.

I think the key is to have not only enough space but some well thought out maneuvering room for implements and hook ups.

Cool. I needed a place for our BX. The problem I had was that I had no time to build it. Those two guys that built it came to the site and did it. That's all they do is build sheds. They built ours in one day. They sure didn't stop but I'm happy with it.
I have all my implements on castors so I can roll them to the door to the tractor. I like the fact that I can pull the tractor out without moving the ZTR and vice versa.
It's nice to keep it in out of the weather.
When I start phase 2 in the spring things will really look good and like the outstanding work you've done on your property I'm looking forward to getting back at it.