3-Point Hitch position control lever on mx5100

/ position control lever on mx5100 #1  

ranchland

Tractor
kubota mx5100hst
I am the new owner of a mx510
0, 4hrs on odometer. I really enjoy the tractor and am getting used to the controls gradually. I already know about the jerky 3pt hitch thing. I just found another problem that if one is not careful could damage the hydraulic unit. It concerns the 3pt hitch "position control lever". I put my box blade on 3pt hitch for ballast and pulled the lever all the way back to lift the box blade up. I then started moving some dirt with fel. I happened to notice a hydraulic whine at idle and then I lowered position control lever just enough (probably 1/2 inch) and the whine stopped. There is a stop at the top of the lever groove but it is not adjustable. Is there an adjustment that can be made before my son or wife accidently leaves lever all the way up and damages hydraulics? Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks on this forum, I love reading all the posts and have learned a lot.

/ position control lever on mx5100 #2  
i never noticed a hydro pump whine on my mx5100hst for 2.5yrs from having something on the 3pt an raised.

/ position control lever on mx5100 #3  
I am the new owner of a mx510
0, 4hrs on odometer. I really enjoy the tractor and am getting used to the controls gradually. I already know about the jerky 3pt hitch thing. I just found another problem that if one is not careful could damage the hydraulic unit. It concerns the 3pt hitch "position control lever". I put my box blade on 3pt hitch for ballast and pulled the lever all the way back to lift the box blade up. I then started moving some dirt with fel. I happened to notice a hydraulic whine at idle and then I lowered position control lever just enough (probably 1/2 inch) and the whine stopped. There is a stop at the top of the lever groove but it is not adjustable. Is there an adjustment that can be made before my son or wife accidently leaves lever all the way up and damages hydraulics? Thanks to all the knowledgeable folks on this forum, I love reading all the posts and have learned a lot.

Your rig needs to go back to the dealer. That is not normal operation. You should be able to yank back fully on the position control without deadheading the pump. I have never seen a 3pt position control that worked that way. Something is mis adjusted and needs to be repaired.

James K0UA

/ position control lever on mx5100
Thanks, I am going to take it back and have them take a look see.

/ position control lever on mx5100 #5  
Thanks, I am going to take it back and have them take a look see.

Please check back, I am interested in what they have to say about what they found.

/ position control lever on mx5100 #6  
I have an MX5100 and often go to full up when the rear blade is on, and never heard anything like that.

I called dealer and explained situation. He said the lever is 2 parts and connected by 2 screws midway down and sometimes they become loose or the lever is not attached correctly to side of hydraulic housing. This will be addressed at the 50 hr service. I will fab a stop and just put it where the stop is now until then.

/ position control lever on mx5100 #8  
Ditto on no problems here on my mx 5100. I always pull it all the way up, never heard a thing. Also, never had a " jerky " motion on the 3 pt hitch, smooth as silk.

I'm sure it is just an adjustment on control lever. However the jerky hitch is a nuisance but the dealer assured me it will be fixed. It is a well known issue, google "Kubota jerky 3pt hitch".

/ position control lever on mx5100 #10  
About 70 hours on mine. The whine is an adjustment issue and is just in by-pass. Mine was the same. It's a simple fix and takes about 10 minutes and a couple of wrenches. Lift up the seat and there's a feedback rod attached to a lever with two locking nuts. If I recall, it's right of center looking down and aft. The easy way to adjust is start your tractor and raise the 3ph all the way up until you hear the whine. Now loosen one of the jam nuts on the rod and move the other nut until the whine stops, then tighten the jam nut back up and you are done.
As far as the jerky hitch, as far as I've read, it's very rare that it will be fixed. You will either have to live with it, or trade the tractor for a Grand L of the same size. We all know Kubota knows about this issue and I'm surprised they continued to pump out MX's and L's that have this problem.