New B7100 HST 4wd owner, not my first Kubota , but need info

/ New B7100 HST 4wd owner, not my first Kubota , but need info #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Saturday a man told me he'd sell me his storage building and his B7100 and priced them to me. I said I'd pay his price if he got the B7100 running and moving under it's own power. He has left it sitting out side for the past year and a half and only drove it a couple of times. Today he (he lives next door to my office) delivered it to me, saw him driving by my security camera pretty well moving on. It's now in my storage building. Looks like a 54" almost new Kubota deck. He had started it using his truck battery and is going to give me the original battery after he charges it and it may be no good. I've owned a few, now 17, Kubotas but one I've owned now for the second time (F2680e) but never a B7100 HST and it seems to have a lot of levers as well as a leaking radiator hose where it clamps to the engine. I think I need an owners manual. It starts good and just purrs and hour meter shows 1093 hours but paint ain't new and almost all of the screw heads are rusted. Have sold all my 3ph implements except for a 2 bottom plow, guess I'll see if it will pull it maybe in the spring if I still own it. Doesn't have FEL but have one on my B2620. Any way any help with possible year and owners manual will be appreciated as well as actual owners advise or info.

/ New B7100 HST 4wd owner, not my first Kubota , but need info
By golly, there are 587 threads with "B7100" in the title, in the T-B-N archive. What a resource!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/search.php?searchid=854828

Thanks, it never entered my mind to do a thread search and read thru 587 threads instead of getting info direct from actual owners that like to help.:confused3: :D I may start doing that when people ask questions concerning tractors/Kubota that I own or have owned. Probably save me a lot of time. :)
Any way any help with possible year and owners manual will be appreciated as well as actual owners advise or info.

/ New B7100 HST 4wd owner, not my first Kubota , but need info #5  
Sounds like you got the manuals your looking for. If not, I have the owners manuals for my B7100, MMM mower deck and front mount blower. I can scan to "E" mail anything from them that you might need. As far as the year on your B7100, I was thinking of selling mine a year or so ago. My dealer had a Kubota book that listed the year of manufacture by the serial number on the tractor. Your dealer can probably do the same for you.
I've had my B7100 for about 17 years now and have had no problems. I have replaced the battery a couple of times and some normal wear items like the seat, fan belt, muffler and of course done all the normal maintenance at the recommended intervals. I 've been so pleased with the B7100 that about 5 years ago I purchased a RTV1100 and last year purchased a B2920 with MMM & FEL. I was going to sell the B7100 because I am running out of storage room for all the toys. My wife convenienced me to hang on to the 7100 because it has been so reliable. Now I am glad I did hang on to it because I have a few hilly areas that I cut grass and the 2920 really feels tippy if I drive across them rather than up & down. The difference is that the center of gravity on the 7100 is much lower than the 2920. Also, my plan was to use the RTV1100 with Boss plow to clear snow and the B2920 to move the snow banks if they got to high. Well wouldn't you know that the first snow storm last year we got about 20" of snow and that was to much for the RTV to plow. Got out the old 7100 with front end blower and cleared it away in no time. I like the idea of having 3 machines that are capable of clearing snow. With a 600' driveway I don't want to get snow bound. Long story short I now plan to keep all 3 machines and possibly build a storage building/barn.

/ New B7100 HST 4wd owner, not my first Kubota , but need info #6  
I bought my B7100DT new in 1979 and it came with a owners and parts manual. I bought a couple shop manuals off of Ebay. Mine is the 1st gen with 4 lug nuts on the front wheels. 2nd gen has 6 I think.

/ New B7100 HST 4wd owner, not my first Kubota , but need info #7  
Those old B5100/6100/7100s are my favorite tractors of all time. Lucky dog.

I told my brother today that I'd bought another Kubota with 1093 hours and near new MMM and was considering selling it. I have 2 Kubota F mowers for mowing rental and home and a B2620 FEL BH for tractoring. You guys are making me ponder hard but I'm afraid if someone with $2500 cash shows up I may see it gone.:D
I did print out an owners manual so thanks for offers with that.

I told my brother today that I'd bought another Kubota with 1093 hours and near new MMM and was considering selling it. I have 2 Kubota F mowers for mowing rental and home and a B2620 FEL BH for tractoring. You guys are making me ponder hard but I'm afraid if someone with $(3)500 cash shows up I may see it gone.:D
I did print out an owners manual so thanks for offers with that.

Oops!!!! $3500, not $2500 or interesting trade. It'll be more after I get the paint shining and clean it up. Appears pricing for many more hours B7100s are running from $3500 to $5000.

/ New B7100 HST 4wd owner, not my first Kubota , but need info #10  
John Thomas, TractorData.com Kubota B7100HST tractor information is a link to the tractordata.com page for the B7100HST. That page has a serial number breakdown to find the year.
I just bought a 1981 B7100HST-D last Saturday. It has no deck or any attachments, 1400 hours, turf tires. Runs great. This is my first tractor.

Jason