BX2660 Constantly Gels

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels #1  

acoya

Help, am i missing something obvious? My bx2660 constantly gels even at relatively mild temps, its 25F today and the thing is gelled solid. I mix my anti gel additive into my fuel, Ive tried howes lubriator and power services arctic diesel supplement. Ive mixed them at above the recommended ratio and at the suggested ratio all with the same results. It always gels at the filter under the tractor, and on a bx2660 thats no fun to crawl under and thaw in snow. Any suggestions??

Joe

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels #2  
Have you ever had any problems with water in the fuel system? You could also try putting 1/2 gallon of gasoline in a full tank(6.6 gal cap) of diesel

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels
Nope, never any water issues. Its just cold, and not super cold even, as soon as it drops below 30 the tractor is likely to freeze. Its 25 right now, i started it, it ran for about 1 minute, then seized. Thats with fuel that i mixed with howes at a higher rate and even let sit inside for a day to make sure it mixed at a warm temperature. I seriously hate this tractor.

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels #4  
DO NOT put gasoline in your diesel unless you want to trash the injection pump! Cut the fuel with 1/3 to 1/2 Kerosene.

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels #5  
What does hating tractor have to do with gelled fuel. Wrong or improperly treated fuel can/will gel in any model/brand tractor

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels
well, having a tractor that gels constantly is amazingly frustrating when you live in a winter climate. If i am improperly treating the fuel that would be helpful to know. Im not putting gas in it, ive tried kerosene too, it still gels.

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels #7  
wow, that sucks. I started mine in -4F yesterday, and nothing gelled. I use winter blend from gas station and dont add anything.

I believe the winter blends have some percentage of kerosene in them already. Ive been running tractors for 17 years now in north idaho and have NEVER had a gelled tank. It has to be the fuel your getting. have you tried winter blends from other stations. If you have service stations that cater to large semi trucks..all the better.

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels #8  
DO NOT put gasoline in your diesel unless you want to trash the injection pump! Cut the fuel with 1/3 to 1/2 Kerosene.

Volkswagen stated in their owners manual to add gasoline to diesel in below freezing temps. 18 wheeler drivers also do it. Have you ever personally seen an inj pump ruined from adding 10% or less gasoline to diesel in cold weather?? I'll bet not. I've even run a diesel pickup on straight jet fuel with no ill affects.

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels
Yes, ive tried 3 local stations, with no different results the current one is from the station that doubles as a truck stop, tons of big trucks fuel up there.

/ BX2660 Constantly Gels #10  
Yes, ive tried 3 local stations, with no different results the current one is from the station that doubles as a truck stop, tons of big trucks fuel up there.
weird.... i have no idea. Have you ever tried NOT adding any fuel treatment or gel treatment. When living in Montana years ago (-60F) i thought id add more than 50:50 mix of antifreeze for better protection. WRONG. that actually increased the freezing point of the water. Who knew.