Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Default MX5100 Lift Arm Adjustment

Folks, new to the forum, but have been a follower and reader for some time. I have a farming background, mostly john deere 125+ hp tractors. I ended up with a kubota MX5100 tractor about a year ago and use it for bush hogging, box blading, small disc, and small field cultivator.

My question involves the lift arm adjustments on this tractor. With a deere, I could always hook and go. With the Kubota, I have to move the side link pin locations to raise and/or lower the lift arms depending on what I hooking to. With my MX6 cutter and disc harrow, the side link has to be in the upper holes so that the implement raises enough off the ground. With my box blade and field cultivator, they have to be in the lower holes where the implement will go down far enough.

Yes, I have checked the raise limit linkage.

Is there no a "sweet" spot or modification for the lift arms? One of the side arms is screw adjustable, so I thought by adding a second screw adjustable (part # please), it may be better than moving the pins. I've also thought that if I move the side links back and create another hole in the lift arm, I may get the down range I need and an increase rise by means of the increased arch.

What are your thoughts?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX4700HST

Default Re: MX5100 Lift Arm Adjustment

You should be able to make both adjustable if you desire. My guess is that unless you went with hydraulic side links the adjustment would not be much easier or quicker than what you have now. (I have to do same thing on MX4700).

Moving where the side link attaches to the lift arm 'could' increase lift arm travel, depending on clearances from surrounding parts, etc., but would be at the expense of lift capacity.

Good luck

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100 DT 4x4

Interesting. I haven't changed mine since I bought it and didn't need it to clear anything.

Tractor
    Ford 1700, Kubota MX-4700

One might use adjustable link from the lower arm to lift arm on both ides. That would allow further adjustment. On my 1700 the lower arm has 3 holes in contrast to my mx-4700.

JC,

Ford 1700, 2wd.
    Kubota MX-4700DT, Gear transmission with LA 884 loader, Q/A and HD bucket.
    60" Woods Rotary Cutter, home made (3-pt boom and a Row Hipper) ,King Kutter( 5 ft Tiller,Middle Buster,Single Row Cultivator,Carry-all, 5 ft blade, 6 ft Landscaping Rake ,30" Dirt Scoop and a 4'x4' Drag Harrow)

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

My L3400 is the same, 2 sets of holes in the links for different implements. About the only thing I need the upper holes for is the 2-bottom plow, to get it high enough so it doesn't dig while transporting. Having said that, I have it in those upper holes now to raise my rear blade higher while I'm clearing snow. No need to have it higher, but if it goes low enough, the extra height won't hurt anything. If I use the post hole digger I need the lower holes to get the full depth of the auger.

Sean

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

Catchad81
    You could install a quick hitch or Pat's style ends to lengthen draft arms which will make the ends of draft arm lower & raise higher.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400DT

I've seen cab tractors where the implement was raised too high and struck the back of the cab as well, something to keep in mind.

Sean

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

If you were to adjust-shorten-lengthen the top link with a hydraulic cylinder, that would raise the rear of the implement and give you more clearance? How about that?

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Thanks for the comment. Glad I'm not the only one that has to change the arms.

I do have a quick hitch, but it doesn't change the vertical height of the lift arms. With the two factory holds on the side arms, going from one hole to the next changes the lift arm height by 5-5.25 inches. I've also checked my box blade against new ones and mine is in line with what others measure for the hitch. Looking at deere tractors this same size, they do not have multiple holes on the lift arms for side link adjustment. They seem to have more travel up and down in their setup.

I'm going to look into some different ideas but it may just be something I have to deal with.

Tractor
    JD 4255/Kubota M7040 HDC

Quote Originally Posted by Catchad81 View Post
    Thanks for the comment. Glad I'm not the only one that has to change the arms.

I do have a quick hitch, but it doesn't change the vertical height of the lift arms.
    Lengthening draft arms will change the the lower & upper limits of height of the draft arms although maybe not enough to suit your needs that is if center link adjustment remains in the same relationship.