Ballast front weights on a BX

/ front weights on a BX #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
On page 42 of the BX22 owners manual, they show a weight bracket for use with the grille guard on a BX22. I checked with the dealer and they can't find a part number for this combination. Does anyone here have a weigh bracket on a BX tractor with or without the grille guard that they could take a picture of and post some dimensions. If I can't get it from Kubota, I will attempt to make one that will work like the picture.
Also, would like to know if the weights are an industry standard for mounting and size or does each tractor manufacturer use their own design???? Where is the least expensive place to purchase weight for this purpose??
Thanks Junkman

Attachments

• 330058-MVC-018F.JPG
    330058-MVC-018F.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 590
   / front weights on a BX #3  
There are very similar front weights available for almost every tractor but usually they are expensive, they also add length to the tractor and they must be removed if you put on a FEL. You might want to consider EZ Weights added inside your front wheels. It gets the weight lower on the tractor than front end weights and lowers the center of gravity, if that is important to you.

There is a thread in the Customization forum.

Front EZ Weights on a CUT

/ front weights on a BX
Kubota doesn't recommend wheel weights for the BX series tractors.. I just got a call back from Kubota and they gave me the part numbers for adding the weight bracket to the BX22.
bracket # BX 8064... 25#....... $88.00
weights # BL 8060-1..55#.......$61.00@
bolt kit # BL 8062..................$ 4.80

He also said that this kit part number is different than the one for the BX 2200 with a grill guard..... Now, I have never seen a BX2200 with a grill guard, so I have no idea what the difference is between them. Junkman

/ front weights on a BX #5  
the older brush guard for the BX2200 was physically quite a bit different, so I suppose that's the problem. If you have the newer brush guard as I do, then pretend you have a BX22! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ front weights on a BX
Sorry, but I am not "enough" of an old timer or BX "expert" to know the difference. If you haven't guessed, that is why I ask so many questions and am forever on a quest for knowledge of the BX series tractors. I have a lot to catch up on and they have just introduced a next generation for me to learn also....... so much to learn and so little time to do it in...... because I rather spend seat time than reading time..... Junkman....

/ front weights on a BX #7  
Wow those prices seem pretty outrageous. Why is it that you can't use wheel weights? Is there a weakness with the front axel or is it that Kubota doesn't make money unless you buy their front bracket and their front weights. I put cast iron on the bottom side of my B2910 and I put EZ weights on my NH. Both work, and both were substantially lower in price than what your dealer quoted you. I'd use the EZ weights, they will cost you less than the price of the front bracket alone and they work very well.

/ front weights on a BX
According to the Kubota technical adviser, wheel weights will put an undue strain on the front axle. I don't think that I want to gamble the warranty issue if something breaks because I didn't follow the guidelines that are printed in the owners manual. I admit that the prices are on the high side, but considering what the machine cost, it is a small amount to know that I am not going to experience a very expensive repair. I have about 35 months left on the warranty and don't want to do anything that will jeopardize it. It is a one time investment just like the tractor....... I will probably buy the bracket, or if I can get a picture of one, make one like it. As for the weights, I hope that I can find some used ones somewhere......

/ front weights on a BX #9  
Wouldn't there be MORE stress on the axles if you put weight right in the middle where there would be even more leverage? Putting weight on the wheel transfers that weight almost directly to the ground. Just a thought.

/ front weights on a BX #10  
At the risk of being a WA, doesn't a FEL with sand or stone give you front weight without extra cost. Of course, if you don't have a FEL then that's a different story or maybe it's an excuse to get one.