Tires Tires for a BX tractor

/ Tires for a BX tractor #1  

don716

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ B7500/with 2000 lb winch
I was just curious about the tires on a BX Tractor. I've seen several different types of tires on BX model tractors but do they make R-4 type tires for them?
Donny /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Tires for a BX tractor #2  
I have asked and to the best of everyone's knowledge that I have asked, they are not available. The size is 26 x 12 x 12. The only tires that are available are the bar agricultural and turf tires. I have seen the tires available in anywhere from 2 ply to 8 ply tires....

/ Tires for a BX tractor #3  
No. J

/ Tires for a BX tractor #4  
No, R4s are not avialable for the BX, but honestly the bar tires that are available are very effective for traction yet generally will not damage your turf unless it is really wet. I had turfs on my previous BX2200 but switched to the bar tires on my BX22 after only a few hours. NO comparison. I wouldn't want to go back to using turfs with the FEL, etc. after seeing how much better the bars perform, especially for plowing snow.

Keep in mind that the bar tires for the BX are not exactly like the R1 tires on the larger tractors...they are much wider and "float" really nicely, but with nice grip when you need it.

/ Tires for a BX tractor #5  
I agree with Jim. I bought both Bar and Turf tires for my BX-22 this summer (bar tires from factory). So far, I haven't even mounted the turf tires. The bar tires do just fine, no ruts at all, but extra traction when needed.

/ Tires for a BX tractor #6  
I have turf tires on mine. I did buy a set of chains for the rear tires and that made a world of difference when I was removing an old gravel driveway and digging a spot for the above ground swimming pool. I also put them on for snow removal. I have read that a set of tires and wheels for the BX is around $300 which might be another option.

Dave

/ Tires for a BX tractor #7  
You're right on the mark, Dave. My 2nd set (wheels & turf tires) was $300, dealer loaded rears for free.