/ Question about factory remote valves #1  

C4Ranch

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240 HSTC
About to add 3 factory remotes and looks like I have a choice of 2 valves:
- double acting
- float detent

Is the float detent valve basically a double acting with float?

Trying to decide if I should set all 3 up with float or if there is anything different about the double acting I need to consider?

I wanted to set one up with a just detent so I could run a motor or log splitter if I wanted without just bunging the double acting down but these are the only 2 valve options.

I've decided to only go factory and not aftermarket. Want good fit with the cab.

Tia!

J

/ Question about factory remote valves #2  
About to add 3 factory remotes and looks like I have a choice of 2 valves:
- double acting
- float detent

Is the float detent valve basically a double acting with float?

Trying to decide if I should set all 3 up with float or if there is anything different about the double acting I need to consider?

I wanted to set one up with a just detent so I could run a motor or log splitter if I wanted without just bunging the double acting down but these are the only 2 valve options.

I've decided to only go factory and not aftermarket. Want good fit with the cab.

Tia!

J

Yes, the valves with the float function are just the double acting valves with the additional float function. With your situation, might just go with the 2 valves with the float and the 3rd one the std double acting although you could use the float function for shutting down a hydraulic motor. You will need to come up with a way to lock the 3rd valve open to operate your constant flow implements though.

Good luck