Oil & Fuel Fuel Filter Selection

/ Fuel Filter Selection #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
How do I choose a Racor fuel filter and separator for my BX2660? I despise the barbed plastic lawn mower type Kubota uses. A bowl-type or spin-on would be easier to maintain and thaw if gelled up.
Help is appreciated.

/ Fuel Filter Selection #2  
While it is not a Racor I am working on mounting the Kubota filter and water separator that is used on some of the B series, the new RTVs, on my BX2230. Think I can get it on a bracket in front of the injector pump on the left side of the D902 engine, not sure how much room you have.

Kubota Fuel Filter Assy Part #6A320-58862

David

/ Fuel Filter Selection
While it is not a Racor I am working on mounting the Kubota filter and water separator that is used on some of the B series, the new RTVs, on my BX2230. Think I can get it on a bracket in front of the injector pump on the left side of the D902 engine, not sure how much room you have. Kubota Fuel Filter Assy Part #6A320-58862 David

That's it! That's what I wanted all along. $20 seems cheap. I'm gonna order for my spring project. Thanks!

/ Fuel Filter Selection #4  
What is a typical micron rating for a diesel fuel filter, if that is the only one in the system? You know, I did a search for specs and only got the outer sizes of the filter, not the micron rating or the pipe size. Some specs!

/ Fuel Filter Selection #5  
It may not interest you but I have a Dahl 75 filter plumbed as the primary filter on my L3000. it's rated for up to 90 hp and the elements I'm using at this time are 2 micron rated. In almost 1400 hrs I have only changed my factory filter 3 times. One of those was because I dumped water in the tank from a dirty jug. The other 2 times the factory filter was not clogged or causing any problem I just changed it just because of the amount of hrs in service. I bought mine from Amsoil but they since have dropped the Dahl line. I don't know who all does sell them but they are listed in the Baldwin filter catalog.

Attachments

• DSCF1869h.jpg
    DSCF1869h.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 358