Block Heater Install

/ Block Heater Install #1  

sandyc

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 2380
Just bit the bullet and bought a block heater for my B2620. With the price of propane going up I figure it will be cheaper to turn a block heater on for two hours rather than my shop heater. Anyway, looks to be straight forward except there is no spec for the torque to install the heater. I really don't want to screw up the block! Does anyone have any idea as to the torque for this accessory?

/ Block Heater Install #2  
Is it the kind that has an expanding screw, or one that threads in? The expanding on my Ranger was 13in-lbs, IIRC, and the thread in one had none. Use some high temp silicone or threadlocker and snug it pretty good, prob 15-25 ft lbs.

/ Block Heater Install #3  
I just snugged mine and made it a bit tighter than the plug that it replaced on my 2620. It was maybe a 15 minute job.

/ Block Heater Install #4  
Just bit the bullet and bought a block heater for my B2620. With the price of propane going up I figure it will be cheaper to turn a block heater on for two hours rather than my shop heater. Anyway, looks to be straight forward except there is no spec for the torque to install the heater. I really don't want to screw up the block! Does anyone have any idea as to the torque for this accessory?

That is a great idea, how many watts is the block heater that you got?

/ Block Heater Install
It's 400 watts on 115 volts. Should warm it up a bit!

/ Block Heater Install #6  
Just had one put in my BX25. 400 watts. Paid someone rather than screw it up myself. Punched out a freeze plug and installed. 2 hrs or so and block is VERY warm to touch. Starts right up with only about 5-10 secs glow plug time. Should have done it long ago....

/ Block Heater Install #8  
It did look easy but I don't have a garage to work in. Otherwise I probably would have done it quite a while ago... If you want a chuckle look for my previous post Snow: Cold Weather adventures for my BX25

/ Block Heater Install #9  
I also set it up on a belkin wemo wifi controlled outlet. Instead of having to walk out to my garage I can turn the block heater on from my phone a couple of hours before I need to use it. It works great!!

/ Block Heater Install #10  
Haveissues, Did you have to have internet at the outlet? That sounds like a great idea since my barn isn't next door for me!