4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #1  

WaxMan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota Grand L 3240 cab BH 92 backhoe
Sorry for all the pictures,
I would like to know at a glance whether I'm in or out of 4 wheel drive. A 4 wheel drive indicator light should be stock on a Grand L, like the E brake warning light is.
Some 80's Toyota 4 wheel drive Tercel wagons had these Inclinometers as an expensive option. At my other property there are a lot of hills it would be nice to know at a glance how steep it is. For me even 5 degrees seems like a lot.
It works very well with a slow damping motion so it's not bouncing all over the place. It's a quality piece from Toyota. I thought that would go great in my tractor if I only had a place for it. I thought about this for a while and looked all over for a nice digital one, but I couldn't find one. One night I said I'm buying it and forced myself to find a spot for it. So when it came I thought there is no place for this. But being stubborn I found a spot.
I made the housing from 1/16 sheet aluminum then sandblast paint and bake etc. I put a final edge with fine sandpaper after baking for a factory look silver trim.
I mounted it up top using only two of the roof mounting bolts to hold it up. I added 4 toggle switches - one to turn the light on/off, another to turn the central vacuum system on/off, and the other two ready for something next.

I did a little customizing so it would fit my tractor by replacing the Tercel wagon overlay with my Kubota tractor.
Online some 4 wheel truck guys made up different plates showing their own trucks on the Inclinometer. I thought boy if I could only do that.
My son said he can do that. He made the overlays up for me and I printed them out cut and replaced the Tercel. I thought he did an excellent job drawing my tractor. I also want to thank 4 Shorts for the 4 wheel indicator idea and showing what he used for the switch for his tractor.
That was a big help for me and motivated me to do mine.
The last picture I had a movie playing 7 days and seven nights with Harrison Ford

ueMLovd.jpg

N7AQWJK.jpg

QRyNaRj.jpg

OI7Mlfp.jpg

d1EbV9K.jpg

61W7o4R.jpg

XiBduBy.jpg

5rnYVEF.jpg

pcM813o.jpg

ZHMLcG9.jpg

H268Qxr.jpg

A1RZUeJ.jpg

1auUvMH.jpg

VwCZIg7.jpg

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #2  
Now, that is slicker than snot on a doorknob!:thumbsup:
Looks great Waxman.

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #3  
WaxMan, that looks great and beautiful workmanship. Stanley

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #4  
Looks great!

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #5  
I like it.

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #6  
Really a great professional looking job. what brand and model of gauge cluster is that on your dash? It looks great, an I'd be interested in putting them in my JD.

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #7  
Now, that is what I would call innovative and creative. Well done.

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #8  
Awesome. I love it!

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #9  
As always, absolutely amazing.:thumbsup:

/ 4 Wheel drive indicator with inclinometer install on a Grand L Cab #10  
Outstanding idea and beautiful execution. Very nice!