WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030 #1  

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
Has anyone installed a W. R. Long Rocker switch valve kit on a L5030. If so was the kit complete and the instructions clear or did you have the dealer install it. I am looking for one for my grapple.

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030 #2  
I installed one on my l3400. I thought it was a very nice kit. It came with everything, valve, new handle with switch, hoses and all the wiring and mounting brackets.

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030 #3  
I have one on my Grand L3975. The feel of the switch seems nice except for all the wire ties the dealer used to mount on the FEL control lever.

The hoses hang low and I need to wrap them up before catching them on something.

Fred

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030
Fred, I thought it came with a molded hand grip with a rocker switch, which has three positions like in this pic?
Valve Kits

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030 #5  
We use quite a few of these kits for different model Kubota's. And so far they have been great.
If you have never done one they are a little confusing

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030 #6  
Yes Don just like that. You can see where the wiring runs down the lever if you look close.
Fred

IMGP0014_zpsba5c393c.jpg

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030 #7  
I put one on a L4330 without too much difficulty. That's a smaller tractor in the same series as your L5030, I think. To avoid a hanging wire along the length of the joystick shaft, I discarded their bulky protective plastic tube and wrapped the plain wire/shaft with electrical tape, like you would a baseball bat handle. It's held for at least five years but if I did it again, I'd find some heat shrinkable tubing to cover it all. I also replaced the set screws that hold the handle to the shaft with stainless ones. Those black ones they provided rusted in no time.

If you're antsy to get it mounted, you could be figuring out where to tap into 12 volts while the kit arrives. That took about as long as anything else for me. I think they only want it hot when the ignition switch is in the ON position. You'll probably end up running a wire with an inline fuse from the ignition switch area over to the joystick area so there's some protective routing involved in that too.

I also shortened the joystick, which was too long beforehand, in my opinion, and the new switched handle lengthens it even more.

Again, this has been awhile so their design may have changed or my memory may have failed me.

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030 #9  
I installed the W.R. Long electric over hydraulic valve. It took about 1.5 hours. It was pretty easy as the kit instructions were specific to my model tractor. You will just need to find a keyed power source to hook up one wire for the power.

IMG_6317.JPGIMG_6319.JPGIMG_6320.JPGIMG_6322.JPGIMG_6323.JPGIMG_6324.JPGIMG_6329.JPG

/ WR Long rocker switch valve kit - L5030
Herkypilot, thanks for the pics, where did you order yours from and what was the cost?