BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping???

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #1  

bxbuster

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2200
I have a general question regarding the amount of hydro slippage that is acceptable. Last week I was trying to push over an old clothes line post. I had the fel bucket about 3 feet up on the pole, put the tractor in low range and gave it a go. I expected one of two things to happen. The pole would be pushed up and out of the ground or the tractor would spin all four tires. Neither hapened. The tractor gave a great deal of push and started lugging down the engine but then the hydro started slipping. In my experience with other brands of tractors the hydro would not slip and the engine could be lugged to the point of killing it. Is there something wrong with my hydro or am I expecting too much from this tractor? Thanks for any responses. By the way, I have bar tires and it was running full throttle. Yes, the diff lock was applied. I'm not saying the tractor didn't have plenty of power and it did end up bending the post and removing it. I've also noticed when stabbing the fel into a heavy pile of dirt it slips vs. spinning the tires. Again, the tractor was in low gear. Thanks again for any responses.

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #2  
The Kubota HST unit does have relief valves in both the forward and reverse circuits. These are to protect the unit from damage done by applying too much force on the input and output shafts and related components. Side note, are you sure none of the wheels were slipping and did you have the dif-lock engaged?

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #3  
Hi.....
Were you in high or low gear?
George

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #4  
Hey BX Buster.

I have the BX2200 and have never noticed the problem you have stated. Of course I have lawn tread tires and if I am in Low and 4 wheel and the Dif lock down and it spins I just try a different angle or method. However I can't say I have ever noticed slippage.

Hope you find your answer. It s a good little machine but it has it's limits. Sounds like you found one.

Good Luck,

Tom

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping???
I wonder if something has changed. Plugged filter etc. As I recall when the tractor was in its first year of service it seemed unstoppable in low range. All tires would spin. No one else can chime in on wether I should have tire spin or not? thanks again to all that have posted.

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #6  
I have a BX1800 with turf tires, but I don't recall anything but engine bogging down (actually stalled it once, since I let off), or tire spinning on mine, I don't recall any trans slippage. I will of course pay more attention to that now, but don't expect to get into anything to find out until next spring/summer as Winter is barrelling down on us soon /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #7  
bxbuster
I have a 2200 and have moved a lot of earth and pulled trees and stumps. The wheels will spin even if the diff lock is engaged.
The hst is not an accelerator. If you push it to the floor you are in effect decresing the gear ratio. At least that is what I think I was told. Best thing I have found for pulling stumps is to start with the engine at about 2500 rpm or so, low range, and diff lock engaged, with my foot just at the first position of the hst (where it first engages).
You might want to check your fluid level and make sure it is full.
Best of luck

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #8  
While digging a trench for new water line. I had hydro slip many times, then some times nearly stall out engine. This using bar tires, 4WD, diff-locked, and in low. Like others have said it's the pressure relief valve.

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #9  
<font color="blue">I have a general question regarding the amount of hydro slippage that is acceptable. </font>

Good question.

I think the answer is no slip is acceptable

But I do not know for sure.

I do know that with my B2910 there is no perceptible slip...the engine dies if I do not let up on the directional pedal soon enough when I am digging into a pile of stuff with my loader and trying to do more than I should.

Is there a pressure relief valve on the bx2200 that is somehow tied into the HST system? I think someone in this thread said there was...again I do not know, but that would seem odd to me...viewing the bx2200 from the perspective of my B2910 experience.

I do not have a loader for my bx2200...but I sure would be disappointed if the tractor HST seemed to slip when worked hard. Like I said, my B2910 will stall but not slip... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ...only stalled it a couple times though... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...just enought to know for sure that what I am saying is accurate! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ BX2200 Hydro power? Slipping??? #10  
The HST unit and the system hydraulics are two separate systems, the only thing in common is that they share the same reservoir. The HST unit has relief valves for both the forward and backward circuits. These relief valves are completely separate from the system hydraulics relief valve. It is possible that they are set too low. You would have to hook up a pessure guage to the test port on the HST to see when(what pressure) it is bypassing. I don't remember the range on these relief valves off the top of my head, I can look it up when I get home.