Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops

/ Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
As it says. Sitting on my BX, I'm about 6" over the top of the ROPS. I'm going to put a canopy on this summer and integrate a self made can before winter. I would like a higher ROPS. Anyone done this?

/ Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops #2  
Well I have done the homemade cap/cab , without needing to replace the ROP. Instead I installed ontop of it a hunk of hardwood. See pictures that show summer without walls and ready for winter with walls. All wood except for sheetmetal flat roof and plexi front and back windows , slowly improve each year.
Hard part was finding a place to install front uprights , but I found that I had three quarter inch where Fel mounts and drilled a small hole there to run a bolt into a countersunk nut in the hardwood uprights (it clears the FEL pin movement by just enough).......from there you can modify to whatever works for you height wise and door or no door, plexi or no plexi. Oh and some black fabric to close in near hood to keep wind out but still allow hood to open, Expanded the use of the black felt for winter walls. One side hinges open from top.

By the way I am 6 foot 2 and do not hit ceiling and the ROP wood I used is maybe 4 inches thick. Then I made uprights slightly taller for ease of entry and slope back for rain.

Attachments

• DSCN1413.jpg
    DSCN1413.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 393
  • DSCN1393.jpg
    DSCN1393.jpg
    920 KB · Views: 470
  • DSCN0657-001.JPG
    DSCN0657-001.JPG
    946 KB · Views: 496
   / Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops
Well I have done the homemade cap/cab , without needing to replace the ROP. Instead I installed ontop of it a hunk of hardwood. See pictures that show summer without walls and ready for winter with walls. All wood except for sheetmetal flat roof and plexi front and back windows , slowly improve each year. Hard part was finding a place to install front uprights , but I found that I had three quarter inch where Fel mounts and drilled a small hole there to run a bolt into a countersunk nut in the hardwood uprights (it clears the FEL pin movement by just enough).......from there you can modify to whatever works for you height wise and door or no door, plexi or no plexi. Oh and some black fabric to close in near hood to keep wind out but still allow hood to open, Expanded the use of the black felt for winter walls. One side hinges open from top. By the way I am 6 foot 2 and do not hit ceiling and the ROP wood I used is maybe 4 inches thick. Then I made uprights slightly taller for ease of entry and slope back for rain.

Thanks! I need to wait until the weather breaks. I'd like to make some changes on my 2660 and add the QD bucket and forks, but really want to go the cab and blower first. Looks like Midwest winters are back for the next few years.
BTW, nice hot dog fork in the last picture. Thanks for sharing the pics.

/ Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops #4  
Smile...the hot dog fork was an attempt to make a tool to pick up the brush hogged grass cuttings and load in trailer and use on my ATV trails...........but sometimes scrap metal ideas fail......but we learn from our mistakes. :)

/ Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops #5  
I went with a Chevy El Camino truck cap.001.JPG

/ Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops #6  
Yes, I even have a 2660. Its a simple bolt on job with plenty of head room. Just watch out for low branch's and door openings

Chris

/ Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops #7  
If anyone has a fixed ROPS from a 2660 that is for sale, I would be interested in purchasing.

Thanks

Yes, I even have a 2660. Its a simple bolt on job with plenty of head room. Just watch out for low branch's and door openings Chris

Could you share the cost for the foldable ROPS ?

/ Anyone Replace BX2660 ROPS with Folding Rops #9  
Didnt cost me penny.My dealer knew that I wanted one and it just so happen that a customer was buying new and didnt want the large ROPs. So we swapped them out. Mine was only a year old so I gave a little buff job and made the swap. Dealer had priced out a new folding ROPs but sorry I dont recall the price.

Chris

Well, my ROPS will stay solid until I trade off to another tractor, or I'm in the ground. Dealer called and wants $485 for a foldable ROPS! Ain't gonna happen. I had them price the ROPS, a canopy, the quick attach for the loader, fork frame, and forks. Over $2000. I think I'd trade for a new tractor first.