B2320 Bucket Won't Dump

/ B2320 Bucket Won't Dump #1  

Todds112

Tractor
Kubota B2320HSD
I was moving wet heavy snow today and the loader bucket suddenly would not dump. It was like the lever wouldn't even move as if it was jammed or something. I removed the cover and didn't see anything wrong with the control linkage. I even removed the linkage and inspected it. Here is a picture (sorry a bad one) of the valve with the linkage removed.

The bottom valve is the boom up and down and moves freely and the boom works fine.

The top valve is the bucket curl/dump. It will only pull up with a lot of force, and the bucket will curl. It WILL NOT depress. I tapped it with a rubber mallet, nothing.

I shut the tractor off and pull up on the valve, and the bucket will start to dump down. When running this would make it curl up. Plenty of Hydraulic fluid on board. I even disconnected the hoses to the loader and released all the pressure on the lines and reattached them, same thing. No leaks anywhere around the valve, or anywhere else.

Oh the best part is my 2 year warrantee just ended last month!:mad:

/ B2320 Bucket Won't Dump
Fudge, I tore it all down and found the problem. The little load check valve broke off (it looks like a little flat head screw with no threads). The head came right off of it and got jammed into the valve body. The spool itself is all gouged up and it looks like the inside of the valve body is too. I think I'm looking at a new valve assembly.:banghead:

/ B2320 Bucket Won't Dump #3  
Search for a thread" B2620 won't dump"
The owner had his valve replaced after warranty by the dealer at no cost.
It seems that this problem is an occasional problem on the B20 Series tractors.
Please pressure your dealer for some relief!
Good Luck!

/ B2320 Bucket Won't Dump #4  
Hi...I am the one who had the valve replaced by the dealer at no cost. They told me there are a few problems with this valve. They replaced the whole thing and (knock wood) I haven't had a problem since then. Good luck!

Thanks for the info! Just dropped the valve off at dealer and they were contacting the regional rep. Fingers crossed!!

/ B2320 Bucket Won't Dump #6  
Mine did that too. It was still under warranty.
Tell the dealer you know others that it happened to.

Good news, Kubota is going to pay for the valve! Hopefully it all goes back together easy.

Does anyone know if they re-designed the pump or the part that fails in them?

/ B2320 Bucket Won't Dump #8  
The dealer wouldn't tell me any specifics about the part. I'll bet Kubota knew about the defect and is handling that on a case by case basis. In my case the dealer picked up my tractor, took it to his shop, fixed it, and then brought it back.

Picked up the pump valve today. Unfortunately it comes in bare metal, so I have to degrease and paint it before I can begin the installation. Nothing is ever easy.

On a positive note, the dealer did find the little pin that broke off the relief valve still in the old valve. I was afraid that was going to end up some where very bad at a later time.

Sandyc, sounds like you've got a great dealer there!

/ B2320 Bucket Won't Dump #10  
I am having this same problem. The lever will not even move to the dump position. There is no give to it at all. It feels like it is hitting a metal stop. In fact it is stuck just barely in the curl position. It isn't enough to actuate the curl but it is just enough to prevent me from using the control lever locking mechanism. All the other loader functions work.

I really hope Kubota takes care of this as some others have experienced. It's a 2010 with 100 hours on the meter. It appears the part # is YW544-00102 (which supercedes YW544-00100) is a whopping $751 :thumbdown: