LA243 vs. LA243A and Quick Atach

/ LA243 vs. LA243A and Quick Atach #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Has anyone been able to confirn the differences between these loaders for thd BX series? Id like to put the QA on my BX2660 with the LA243, but supposedly, Kubota says NO. I have scrutinized the two loaders, and I find them to be exactly the same in appearance. When comparing the specs, there is not one difference. Unless there is some "special steel" somewhere in the LA243A, I call hogwash on any differences, but before I drop any Franklins, Id like to know. Thanks!

/ LA243 vs. LA243A and Quick Atach #2  
It fits the 243. I have the QA on my bx2350. Fits just fine.

image-292459286.jpg

/ LA243 vs. LA243A and Quick Atach
Thanks vanb. Do you have the forks? If so, any issues. How heavy are they? Thanks.

/ LA243 vs. LA243A and Quick Atach #4  
Yes, I have the forks. They work great. They are a bit heavy ( fork carriage 90lbs. Forks 81lbs each) when you add the QA and moving out the lifting point on the loader. I just make sure that I have enough rear ballast when using them.

Yes, I have the forks. They work great. They are a bit heavy ( fork carriage 90lbs. Forks 81lbs each) when you add the QA and moving out the lifting point on the loader. I just make sure that I have enough rear ballast when using them.

I was going to say "Wow" on the weight, but even the other aftermarket vendors are at 125-150# for the carriage and 30# for EACH fork. That's heavier than the Kubota brand. 80# per for, though,would seem excessive, but I'll bet they are solid Kubota forks, not channel like the others. I'd love a pic or two of the fork setup if you have a few minutes sometime.

Thanks!

I was going to say "Wow" on the weight, but even the other aftermarket vendors are at 125-150# for the carriage and 30# for EACH fork. That's heavier than the Kubota brand. 80# per for, though,would seem excessive, but I'll bet they are solid Kubota forks, not channel like the others. I'd love a pic or two of the fork setup if you have a few minutes sometime. Thanks!

I'd better learn to add. Guess aftermarket is lighter at 210# versus Kubota's 260#.

Then again, if you want the front blade attachment, it's only the Kubota, and the QA loader blade is a lot nicer than the aftermarket clip on bucket mounts IMHO.

/ LA243 vs. LA243A and Quick Atach #7  
Here are some pics from last year when I bought them. Yes, the 36" forks are solid.

image-2133622017.jpg

image-1505994414.jpg

/ LA243 vs. LA243A and Quick Atach #8  
So is this quick attach merely an adapter that fits between the standard loader frame and bucket?

So is this quick attach merely an adapter that fits between the standard loader frame and bucket?

Look it up on Kubota. Its an adapter, but allows removal of the bucket to go to forks orva blade.

/ LA243 vs. LA243A and Quick Atach #10  
Look it up on Kubota. Its an adapter, but allows removal of the bucket to go to forks orva blade.

Thanks. I guess I was looking for a pic of the adapter by itself not installed. I have a set of 3 point hitch forks (although tractorless right now) and was just curious.

Half the time the pdf files won't open for me on the Kubota wed site....no bigee.