Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench?

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Junkman, I think there was a word left out there; surely it was "filter wrenches" instead of "filters." /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif At least I never knew of any of the tool trucks having filters. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

)</font>

Bird.... you are taking thing way too seriously now days!! Of course I knew that........ /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #12  
<font color="blue">( you are taking thing way too seriously now days )</font>

Thanks, Junkman. I think this is the first time I've been accused of that. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I have too much fun here to take anything seriously. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #13  
As HarleyBob stated, the HST filter is very difficult to remove even though there is easy access.. When you use a normal type wrench on the body of the filter, the outside of the filter cannister turns but the base with the serrations does not. I bought a filter wrench from Matco Tools (also could use Mac, Snapon etc) that looks like a pair of channel locks or big pliers that have about 4 different teeth that align with the serrations in the filter base and facilates the filters removal. You have to have a special tool for about everything any more.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench?
Any chance you have a Matco part number or at least a description of the wrench? I have been to their site and cannot find it. There are pages of oil filter wrenches.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #15  
I'll take a guess that he's talking about part number OF29700, adjustable filter pliers, that you can see here.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #16  
The biggest problem I had removing that filter was that our friends at Kubota literally painted it to the chassis. I went through two oil wrenches and boy was I upset.
I wrote a letter to Kubota clearly indicating my displeasure and told the dealer he almost got service call for something stupid.
Once you get the paint off then you should not have the problem again. Sort of like my Harley...

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #17  
I am rerferring to the oil filter under the driver's left foot.
That was the one that was painted shut. Sorry.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench?
Bird, That is the pair I used to try and get it off and it gripped so well that it seperated the cannister from the base. The wrench I need is one that would fit on the base of the filter. The HST transmission filter has a thick base that has notches
to take a wrench. Using the clamping wrench on the cannister
to try and get tight, damages the filter. I tightened as well as I could with the clamping type, but I would like it tighter per specs so I don't have to keep jumping off the tractor looking for leaks. Running out of hydro fluid is a bad thing.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #19  
I've given up on all the various size filter wrenches out there. A person would have to stock about 8 different sizes to fit them all. I bought a Craftsman strap wrench, and use it for everything.

Don M.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #20  
Ok, this is revolutionary, get a piece of aluminum alloy or a piece of steel and cut yourself a wrench to fit. J