Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench?

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #1  

HarleyBob

Silver Member
Following up on ealier stuck filter post... Does Kubota make a
proprietary spanner wrench for the hydro filter? It needs one. The base of that filter, on HST models, has notches for such a wrench. I had a heck of a time changing the filter without it and I don't believe I have it on tight enough just using a standard filter wrench. I got 1/2 turn after contact. Kubota manual asks for a full turn.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #2  
Kind of makes me think why in gods name would you make a proprietary spanner wrench? It is a filter wrench and not some electrical or some new “wonder” item. Just a way to charge 400X the normal price.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does Kubota make a proprietary spanner wrench for the hydro filter )</font>

I don't know, but when my B2710 was delivered, it came with a filter wrench. And now I don't even remember whether it was for the engine oil or the hydraulic oil filter because it looked like a cheap piece of junk to me and I never used it; always just used my 3 jaw wrench. So I don't know whether the one that came with my tractor was from Kubota or just something the dealer threw in.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #4  
Bird
The wrench you got with the tractor was a "one time" wrench. It fit the filter from Japan, but not the replacement filter. You use it once and hang it up on the barn wall.
Lewis

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #5  
Sounds about right, Lewis, but I skipped the "use it once" step. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench?
My replacement filter has the same notches on the base as the
factory filter. Carver says you can get the filter wrench from
MAC or SNAP-ON, but is not a Kubota part.

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My replacement filter has the same notches on the base as the
factory filter. Carver says you can get the filters from
MAC or SNAP-ON, but is not a Kubota part. )</font>

My Snap On dealer only sells tools.... I knew that things were slow in the business, but filters???? What next, will they be selling the oil too??????? Dino or Synthetic???? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #8  
Junkman, I think there was a word left out there; surely it was "filter wrenches" instead of "filters." /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif At least I never knew of any of the tool trucks having filters. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #9  
Harbor Freight sells a oil filter removing kit for very little money.

I bought mine on sale for $10-$15.

It includes a ratchet wrench and at least a dozen different sized caps which fit over the tops of many sized filters.

I love mine, I just wish it had (a couple more sizes!)

Yooper Dave

/ Kubota Proprietary Filter Wrench? #10  
Bird,

Must've had some dirty oil if they didn't have filters. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Sorry, couldn't help myself. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Steve