Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position
I took the MMM off this weekend for the winter. It was sure nice to have Larry's wheels/axle set up to hold the MMM upright while I cleaned the deck. Takes up a lot less space for the winter in the upright position too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Larry for the excellent product. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #42  
My shed has a dirt floor.

Last winter I stored my BX2200 60" mower flat on the surface, but after all the talk about putting them on their edge, I decided to try that this year.

interestingly, I just flipped the mower on its side with the wheels in their normal position. It ended up leaning against the wall with some pressure being directed towards the wall. Enough pressure that it is unlikely to ever fall over on its own. I guess to be safe I should tie it up though. And the top was against the wall, so the underside of the deck was looking at me, waiting to be cleaned to boot.

When the mower goes on its side, the wheels go on their side too, giving a flat suppor of sorts.

I think the mower axle idea is a great one. It just surprised me that in my case it does not seem to be needed.

Now if I had a nice flat hard surface to move the mower on, when it was on its side, that would be a different story...And without a wall to lean against...don't know what I would do but leave the mower flat...but as it, the stock setup seems to work for me.

Never would have thought to store it this way on my own though... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif