Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
I saw this add , link they added wheels to the bottom of the MMM, but I do not want to spend $90. I figured that someone has come up with a cheaper solution to this problem??? If so, lets hear it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #2  
Re: Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Positio

Tom, I just hang mine from one of the beams in the basement of my barn! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif This way its off of the floor and out of the way, plus no extra cost. (see attached photo)
Von

Attachments

• 338870-basementshop.jpg
    338870-basementshop.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 755
   / Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #3  
buy it for $69.00 as an e bay special. I bought a pair last month and didn't want to spend the money either. After seeing them, I know that if I had a lathe to do the machining and bought some parts that I could do it for less.... but the question is how much less... $35......??? My time has a value also and I feel it is important to support the advertisers that keep this site alive, so I consider any amount over what I could have made them for and what I paid a donation. The way that I also see it, is if you spent $1500 on a mower deck to go on a $12000 tractor and you can't afford $70 - $90, then maybe you shouldn't have over extended yourself on the tractor in the first place...... sort of like affording the gas for the Rolls..........

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #4  
Appears to be just two lengths of shaft and 4 wheels that fit the shafts. Holes for pins to hold the wheels on the shafts and you are good to go. Could even use hardwood dowels, as they would support the load. Anything for wheels would likely work, including cheap lawn mower wheels (with correct size hole), would do as well. Or even a 1/2 sheet of plywood with some do-nut circles cut out would work (I'd then make "dually's" out of the plywood circles). As long as the mph are kept low, many things will work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its a neat way to tuck the mmm into a corner or along a wall. But I just hang mine up to the rafters, lifting it up there on the forks.

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position
Junkman,

How come you did not tell us of the deal you found on E Bay when it was available??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif We are family here, got to spread the good news when you find a deal, $20 is $20! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Guess Christmas is coming, will see if santa has the $90.

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position
Beenthere,

The problem is you need a shaft that is a tight fit to keep the MMM from tipping. So off the shelf items, pipe, etc is either too big or too small. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif If I had a lathe it would not be a problem, but I do not. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifGuess that is why the guy is selling them for $90, which when you think of the time and materials involved, is not a bad price...but $69 is a much better price. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #8  
OK...... here is the deal...... I am sure that you can get it also if you send him an e mail.... First, he put them on e Bay a couple of times and each time he didn't meet the reserve price of $69.95 and would e mail me telling me that if I wanted a set, that he would sell me a set for that price including shipping. You can still get in on the deal by bidding on this auction number 2571962893. . To be a winner, it is as easy as typing in a bid of $69.95 or if you want, you can just e mail him and ask if you can buy a set for that price... you can even say, ... "Junkmann2 sent me"
Larry is a good guy to deal with. I did have a problem with installation if you can believe that something that easy can be a problem. It seems that when Kubota manufactured my deck, that the top side of the axle hole was made with a lip on it. I tried to insert the new axle from the top and it wouldn't go in. Checked it with a micrometer and the axle that he sent was exactly 1". The Kubota axle measured 5 thousands less and was a perfect fit in the hole. At first I thought that the new axle was made wrong. The next day, after closer examination, I found that it had a small lip on one end of the axle hole on the deck were the machine cut the pipe. Took a file to it and eliminated the problem. They work great for me. I did let him know about the problem in the event that he had anyone else running into a install problem. The problem was with Kubota, not his product. I think that his is such a close fit, so there is no percievable wobble in it when on end. It is rock solid.. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Storing the 60 inch MMM in The Upright Position #10  
That is a good unit!