New B3030 owner in need of instructions...

/ New B3030 owner in need of instructions... #1  

Flyfish Nerd

Tractor
Kubota B3030 HST
Hello!

My name is Edward and I live in Norway. I have had a Jonsered hydrostatic lawnmower for several years but this machine is to small for our property.
Last week I have bought a realy nice second hand (65 hours on the clock!) Kubota B3030 HST (hydrostat) with cab, which will arrive at my place on monday 24th/3. Yes, that is tomorrow!
But... a minor problem - there is no user manual! Can somebody help me with a pdf file of the owners manual? I also would be very happy with the pages showing me how to start and drive this thing and how to operate the PTO levers etc.
All your help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Edward

Attached a picture taken at the dealer.

Attachments

• 093.JPG
    093.JPG
    717.2 KB · Views: 413
   / New B3030 owner in need of instructions... #2  
You should be able to get a link to a manual in this room. I've got a B3030 and find it a necessity in snow removal with the cab.
Good luck with it.

/ New B3030 owner in need of instructions...
Hello!

Maybe I have not been clear enough or am I missing the correct link.:confused2: But I am in search for the manual that should learn me how to operate this machine. How to start, drive etcetera.
The WSM was the first manual I found for about a week ago, but I am realy looking for the owner or user or operational manual. I hope you can help me with it.

With kind regards,
Edward

If no user manuals is available, maybe somebody can tell me how to start and drive the B3030?
It is arriving with a lorry tomorrow and I have to offload it at my neighbour's loading dock. It would be nice if I'll be able to drive it of the lorry without problems... :eek:

I have driven a lot of different vehicles and classic cars, but this type of tractor is new to me. Help me!:anyone:

Kind regards,
Edward

/ New B3030 owner in need of instructions... #7  
Edward, if you still need it, I could scan and email some pages from a L3130 manual ( very similar tractor, I believe ) that I am in the process of buying- I have the books, but not the tractor at present. I would be interested to learn how much that tractor costs in Norway- it looks like a wonderful example of a L3030, by the way. My impression of Norway is that cost of living is very high, but I have never visited- yet.

/ New B3030 owner in need of instructions... #8  
Edward, to start the tractor in the cold, assuming it is cold in Norway now, you turn the key til the little coil on the dash lights up and you hold the key for 5-10 seconds to heat the glow plugs. Then turn the key the whole way to start the tractor, let it idle for a minute or two to let the engine/oils warm up a little. Longer wouldn't hurt either. Make sure the emergency brake is off by pushing the brake pedals to release the orange lever just below the steering wheel on your right.

Your gear lever on the left has L, M, H. L for very low speeds, (L=loader work), M for slightly faster (such as cutting the grass, m=mower), H for higher speed to get from one place to the other. Practice, practice, practice, go slow. It would take me forever to give you the whole manual (not in front of me just going by memory) but if you have specific questions on something go ahead and ask.

Are there any local dealers that you can contact to obtain a manual?

Love the front hitch, we don't have them in the states here, good looking tractor too. Stanley

Last edited:
   / New B3030 owner in need of instructions... #9  
I took some shots of my manual. This will get you started: it's about starting your tractor.
I never start my B3030 in neutral or with the parking brake on. You can start it in gear. I like medium range for most things.

Attachments

• Man 1 EM.JPG
    Man 1 EM.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Man 2 EM.JPG
    Man 2 EM.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Man 3 EM.JPG
    Man 3 EM.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 159
  • Man 4 EM.JPG
    Man 4 EM.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Man 5 EM.JPG
    Man 5 EM.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Man 6 EM.JPG
    Man 6 EM.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 107
Yes Varmint. Please do so. I have send you a PM with my email address. I really need to know how to move this machine. Thank you in advance.

Prices for this type of tractors are way to high in Norway. For a new B3030 HST with cab prices probably will start at $35000.
I have been very lucky to find mine in the Netherlands, where I have my roots and speak the language too. :) Much cheaper even with transport from the Netherlands to Norway.
The cost of living are pretty high here but the average income are also (way to) high. If the wages continue to go up, a crash is nearby...
But for the rest: live is good in Norway (but cold during winter).

Kind regards,
Edward