Tires New tires for my BX

/ New tires for my BX #1  

vanb

Silver Member
Tractor
2006 Kubota bx2350
http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com/product/tires/ag-construction/Tires19

I've got a 2006 bx2350. I got talked out of getting the R4's when I bought it. The turfs have been OK, but I do a lot of FEL, box scraper work. I also have hills on my land and the turfs slip easily If the grass is even the slightest bit wet. Last year when I started brush hogging the ATV trails on our 200 acres, my turfs had to go. I got stuck a few times and way too much tires spinning and close calls even in 4WD. I found these new tires from Carlise (wt300) they are supposed to be a turf friendly R4, I ordered them last week. I'm hoping they will be a good compromise for mowing (3 acres) and all the other work where I need more traction ( less sidewall flex). I'll get them mounted up next week and post some pics. They only come in the 26/12r12 and 18/8.5r10

/ New tires for my BX #2  
http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com/product/tires/ag-construction/Tires19 I've got a 2006 bx2350. I got talked out of getting the R4's when I bought it. The turfs have been OK, but I do a lot of FEL, box scraper work. I also have hills on my land and the turfs slip easily If the grass is even the slightest bit wet. Last year when I started brush hogging the ATV trails on our 200 acres, my turfs had to go. I got stuck a few times and way too much tires spinning and close calls even in 4WD. I found these new tires from Carlise (wt300) they are supposed to be a turf friendly R4, I ordered them last week. I'm hoping they will be a good compromise for mowing (3 acres) and all the other work where I need more traction ( less sidewall flex). I'll get them mounted up next week and post some pics. They only come in the 26/12r12 and 18/8.5r10

I hope those are stock diameter tires if you plan to use 4WD. If not, you are looking for some gear case and tranny issues.

/ New tires for my BX #3  
I think those are a nice looking tire. And conveniently available in a BX stock size.

/ New tires for my BX #4  
Nice looking tires.It will be interesting to read your review on them.

/ New tires for my BX #5  
nice find. curious to hear your results, primarily regarding mowing and snow traction.

i've seen the damage that my neighbor's bx with r4's does to his lawn when it is even the least bit wet, and for this reason i went with turfs when buying mine (i mow with the bx, he has a ztr). as you know, the turfs are nice and easy on the lawn and also excellent in snow, until it gets icy and the chains have to come out. my machine sees 99% of its hours finish mowing :rolleyes:

/ New tires for my BX #6  
i've seen the damage that my neighbor's bx with r4's does to his lawn when it is even the least bit wet, and for this reason i went with turfs when buying mine (i mow with the bx, he has a ztr). as you know, the turfs are nice and easy on the lawn and also excellent in snow, until it gets icy and the chains have to come out. my machine sees 99% of its hours finish mowing :rolleyes:

I have Kubota's R4 on my BX23TLB and you are right, if the ground is just a little to wet, I leave a very interesting pattern in the lawn. Yes, they are lawn safe, so they say. I still think R4's are the best "all round tire" unless all you do is cut grass.

/ New tires for my BX
We have a lot of snow up here, but i don't use my tractor for snow removal and it's going to be a long time before the grass needs mowing. They'll get tested cleaning up downed trees in the woods, once the snow melts. I was going to get a new set of rims so I could keep my turfs ( just in case) but $70 a piece for the rear rims killed that thought. I could've bought a set of R4's with rims from Kubota whole goods for what these tires cost, but... You want what you want.

/ New tires for my BX
image-30477984.jpg

image-903878795.jpg

image-643494818.jpg

Well, they came in and I got them mounted and on my tractor. Getting the rear tires on is a PITA, it's hard to line up the holes, hold the tire up/steady and get the lots I at the same time. they couldn't get the rear tires to not leak, so they now have tubes in them. The description for these tires is, a turf friendly skid steer tire, but they look more like a R1/R4 hybrid.

/ New tires for my BX #9  
Good looking tires. Give a report back on any yard damage when mowing etc.....

/ New tires for my BX #10  
How do you like the tires? I know Carlisle is a OE supplier to JD. I had a set of Carlisle tires on the front off a mower and the tread was crooked, it was hard to keep it straight.The tire shop may have been selling seconds, they are known for that on car tires. Are these tires good? My neighbors 1025r has Carlisle tires on it.