The start of a much needed paint job

/ The start of a much needed paint job #1  

Kubota81

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota
So I finally started getting tHe old paint off the tractor

This project will probably take up most of spring Amanda summer do to am off and on schedule of working on the tractor
A wire wheel and da was what I was using to strip the old rusty paint
Please comment and share your thoughts

Attachments

• image-176128008.jpg
    image-176128008.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 552
  • image-1875454863.jpg
    image-1875454863.jpg
    540.4 KB · Views: 391
  • image-2429440067.jpg
    image-2429440067.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 325
  • image-1694518153.jpg
    image-1694518153.jpg
    604.4 KB · Views: 385
  • image-1149645240.jpg
    image-1149645240.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 688
  • image-446928539.jpg
    image-446928539.jpg
    612.3 KB · Views: 412
   / The start of a much needed paint job #2  
JMO...
To do a "proper" job...there is going to be "some" disassembling required...also consider a sand blaster...

for the former...you will just not be able to get to all the surfaces without removing some parts etc...for the latter even a small siphon type blaster (with the right media) will be greatly beneficial in the stripping process...

preparation is the key to professional results for a project like this...be sure to wipe all metal surfaces with something like acetone or lacquer thinner before priming...

/ The start of a much needed paint job #3  
Strip as much of the non( to be painted) parts as you can and get it sandblasted. It will get deeper into the metal and your paint job will last much longer

/ The start of a much needed paint job #4  
I see your right front tire is going in reverse. Why?

I painted my B6200. I took off all the orange parts and sandec and painted them. It didnt have a loader. But I also recommend some disassembly. You can still drive it and use it with no hood and no fenders. Just be careful you dont get caught in the rear tire.

/ The start of a much needed paint job #5  
I've started using paint stripper and naval jelly when I can.

/ The start of a much needed paint job #6  
I like Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer for the base coat. You don't have to be too fussy with the prep.

/ The start of a much needed paint job #7  
Looks like a lot of work,good luck.What is the year and model of the tractor?

/ The start of a much needed paint job #8  
I see your right front tire is going in reverse. Why? I painted my B6200. I took off all the orange parts and sandec and painted them. It didnt have a loader. But I also recommend some disassembly. You can still drive it and use it with no hood and no fenders. Just be careful you dont get caught in the rear tire.

Cause he uses reverse a lot!!!!!!

/ The start of a much needed paint job
JMO... To do a "proper" job...there is going to be "some" disassembling required...also consider a sand blaster... for the former...you will just not be able to get to all the surfaces without removing some parts etc...for the latter even a small siphon type blaster (with the right media) will be greatly beneficial in the stripping process... preparation is the key to professional results for a project like this...be sure to wipe all metal surfaces with something like acetone or lacquer thinner before priming...

Yes I am aware I will start to hopefully remove parts in the spring when it's easier to work out side and thanks for informing on that idea

/ The start of a much needed paint job
Strip as much of the non( to be painted) parts as you can and get it sandblasted. It will get deeper into the metal and your paint job will last much longer

I will try to I might need to bet a sand blaster first though