Grading Back Blade plowing Question

/ Back Blade plowing Question #1  

Kubota-monkey

Silver Member
Tractor
L35 with bt900 backoe and box scraper + grader blade
I know I will regret this question later since the more I think about I fully realize how idiotic and insane this question really is /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif! Well here it goes... I have put the backhoe back on my L35 for it's "mid winter warm up". Well figures now that I have done this, I am in the midst of a 14-inch winter storm! Now im in a dilema which produces the right time for me to pose my question... Is it possible to rig up some device /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif with chains,etc. to place the back blade and attach it to the bucket for plowing?? Any thoughts would be appreciated...

The Ben from MA /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Back Blade plowing Question #2  
Ben,
Never seen it done but I guess it could.

I feel the ownly problem would be the impact on the backhoe if you should hit something solid.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Back Blade plowing Question
Im sorry.... I must have posted the question wrong. What I meant was attach the back blade with chains to the FEL bucket /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

The Ben from MA /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Back Blade plowing Question #4  
Ben,
Hope this nasty storm show mercy on you down there.

There a gentleman I believe bpence or gordon who did what you are thinking of w/ his B7100 w/ chains,and he also sent photos in.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Back Blade plowing Question #5  
Ben:

I did something similar to what you're asking but with a blade from a garden tractor. I posted it in this thread.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=custom&Number=25215&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5

The mounting arrangement for a 3ph blade is quite different from what I was working with but maybe it will give you some ideas.

18-32378-billanim.gif

/ Back Blade plowing Question #6  
Very cool singature WBill!! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Back Blade plowing Question #7  
WVBill,

I just have to ask. How did you do that with the sig? Very/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

2-31714-Cliffsig.gif

/ Back Blade plowing Question #8  
Great "loader work" on the signature, Bill /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif !!

Larry

/ Back Blade plowing Question #9  
I once saw a fellow on a contstruction site who had taken a 5 foot blade ( just the blade ) and welded large "C" clamps on the back of it. He would then just clamp it to the sideds of his backhoe bucket and use his backhoe to scrape flat large areas like garage door openings. He would smooth over places close to walls without having to drive back and forth with the tractor. He was pretty handy back filling trenches with it too. I imagine you have to have a pretty good touch on the controls.

<font color=orange>George</font color=orange> /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif