Bargains in the salvage yard

/ Bargains in the salvage yard #1  

BBELL

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L-4310 GST/ 1979 Ford 1700
My L-4310 didn't come with a horn. That's very unhandy when your loading trucks, to tell the driver when to stop and when loaded. So I went to the junk yard and got myself a real horn. Not one of these toot-toot horns but a man's horn, off a 1983 Chevy pick-up. Let them know your there. Cost: $5.00, cheap enough? I had a idea of putting a electric window motor on the shoot of my snow blower, it turns really easy(the shoot), I think that motor can turn it. It's really geared low, it come off a station wagon tailgate. Thats a pretty heavy window. I even got the switch to go with it. Cost: $5.00. Do you guys think it would work ? I know I can hook it up, but will it work? I also got a scissor-jack for my tool trailer, that was a freebie.

/ Bargains in the salvage yard #2  
OH OH, Your hooked on a junk yard.

It's a lot of fun isn't it........

You wander around looking at the stuff. The mind wheels get churning. I can do this with that.... I can do this with that thing too.

Don't get worried. It's a very Healthy thing. Keeps the mind young.

About the window motor... Don't have a clue. Sounds logical. They seem strong. Ever get a finger cranked in a window powered by one?

Tom

/ Bargains in the salvage yard #3  
Bruce, try this thread for your answer. Von used a power window motor and posted good pictures and description.