Backhoe Backhoe for L3130

/ Backhoe for L3130 #1  

jsduke

Bronze Member
Tractor
PT-425 (Former Kubota L3130 HST)
Does anyone have any in depth knowledge of the BL4690B kubota hoe? I've got an L3130 w/ 513 loader and am testing the backhoe waters for next year.

Seems I hamstrung myself a bit with this loader as the BH90 is only compatable with the 723 and up /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . The BH90 requires the mounting system of the 723, it's not just a weight issue. I wanted the 513 for it's lower profile and greater stability for work on hilly ground and tight wooded areas.

The Woods 7500/9000 hoes hang way out there on their subframes.

I could trade the loader for the 723 and then add the BH90, but I'll be kicking in 10K+.

I've heard the 4690 is a bit beefier in the mounting area than your run of the mill 3 pt. hoes. Don't know if that's the truth or not. How much does it overhang?

Thanks.

duke.

/ Backhoe for L3130 #2  
duke
I have attached a drawing from the B4690 manual. Other than the top-link and seat all of the backhoe sets beyond the lower 3PH arms.

/ Backhoe for L3130 #3  
duke
Attached is the spec sheet from the B4690 manual. Hope it helps with the information you are looking for.
I don't think the B4690 is as heavy duty as a BH90. I would look for a after market backhoe if you plan on doing any heavy work.

/ Backhoe for L3130 #4  
Hi,

I have a BL4690B backhoe on my B2910. I like it, but...

The BH90 is one reason I fantasize about trading my B2910 for a L series tractor. I saw a L3130 [ or 3430?]with a Bh90 on it and that backhoe just looks so much sturdier.

The mounting system is better [four point subframe vs 3PH], the pivot system is better [cilinders vs chain setup], longer reach [if I remember correctly]...other things I have forgotten.

I said subframe but am not sure about that exactly. I remember brackets mounted to the frame that the BH90 attached to, but they were not as large as sub frame might be in some cases.

If I had an L series there is no way I would put a 4690 on it, unless I reallly needed the backhoe and could not find a way to afford more.

Each of our situations is different though... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Not sure what I would do if I had to trade my loader in on a bigger one just so I could add the backhoe I wanted...