is it possible to overwork my new BX2370?

/ is it possible to overwork my new BX2370? #1  

chucky79

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1, Cub Cadet 1812, Cub Cadet 1810, Cub Cadet 1650
Well gang im awaiting the delivery of my new BX2370 this week or next. I was laying here making a list of things I needed (skid plate, bumper, future attachments etc) and I started to wonder if there was anything my BX cant do or that I shouldn't do with my new tractor? Growing up we used a tractor like a swiss army knife at my family's farm in VA and my buddies place here locally. We did all the stuff a tractor was meant for (mowing, bushhogging, snow removal etc) but we also used it pulled out stuck cars and trucks from ditches and in snow storms, used the rear blade to dig, grade, and bank a circular RC track, the loader to pull car engines, and dig tree stumps etc. Are there things I shouldn't attempt with my BX? My dealer told me it would be hard for me to work the tractor too hard, they are made to work and that I would most likely lose traction before I ran out of power. Basically he implied these tractors are smart and capable or protecting themselves from a stupid or newbie owner. What's the verdict from the real experts? Anything you wouldn't use your tractor for or that I should be cautious of doing with my tractor? My list of projects is HAPPILY growing as I wait for my new orange toy!

/ is it possible to overwork my new BX2370? #2  
Do not use it as a Boat.:thumbsup:

/ is it possible to overwork my new BX2370? #3  
Doubt you'll pull many cars out. The weight just isn't there. Maybe some mildly stuck. I wouldn't let it idle much. Tach it up and put her to work. My BX2660 had been great. Maybe I've hit a few limits in terms of loader capacities, but she'll let you know.

/ is it possible to overwork my new BX2370?
Boat...that's a good one. And I don't plan on pulling cars Robert but you get the point of my question. I come from the garden tractor world where you can over work, over heat, and strain a hydro from working it to much from heat, load, slope, time etc but of all my research on the BX before buying mine I never saw a single post about using one to hard or for something it couldn't handle (within reason that is). Just felt I should ask if there were limitations besides the obvious based on weight or size. You know how it is with a new toy....you use it with kid gloves till the newness wears out.

/ is it possible to overwork my new BX2370? #5  
Use it like you stole it. See to all of its needs (fluids, grease maint.) and it will serve you well.
But a boat it aint! And it is best to keep the shiny side up.!

my dealer said to run WOT too, funny how conventional wisdom is to take it easy on the motor by keeping idle lower yet the opposite seems to be true.

/ is it possible to overwork my new BX2370? #7  
Boat...that's a good one. And I don't plan on pulling cars Robert but you get the point of my question. I come from the garden tractor world where you can over work, over heat, and strain a hydro from working it to much from heat, load, slope, time etc but of all my research on the BX before buying mine I never saw a single post about using one to hard or for something it couldn't handle (within reason that is). Just felt I should ask if there were limitations besides the obvious based on weight or size. You know how it is with a new toy....you use it with kid gloves till the newness wears out.

Your (within reason that is) says it all- the BX won't be running a 6 foot tiller or pulling a 3 bottom plow and the loader won't be lifting certain things... but within its design parameters it will be great

Enjoy your new tractor:thumbsup: those BX's are very versatile machines

/ is it possible to overwork my new BX2370? #8  
It's made to work... the little guy will surprise you. It might take a little longer on big jobs than a higher Hp tractor but you can get most things done... weight and traction is the limiting issue for me but hasn't been a real issue yet. I can get into very tight spaces... loving it. I have about 140hrs on it in 9 months of weekend warrior operation.

/ is it possible to overwork my new BX2370? #9  
Just properly size your implements and use commons sense and you should be fine. A tractor is meant to be worked.

Do they have some sort of safety mechanism in place / warning indicators if you do happen to over heat the transmission or lift to much with the bucket/3PH? Maybe something like a check or release valve in place or does it just stall out on ya if you try something to large?