BX Lower 3pt arm stabilizers from Mark Hodge

/ BX Lower 3pt arm stabilizers from Mark Hodge #21  
Mine arrived today. As I emailed Mark - don't know when I'll get to try them, but they're so pretty I may use them for coffee-table art in the meantime...

Really nice work.

Z.

/ BX Lower 3pt arm stabilizers from Mark Hodge #22  
Let me know if they work that way when you get them.

I have Carter and Son's J-Hooks welded to the top of my 3pt arms, and currently use the turnbuckles along with a rubber strap between them to keep the same width on the lift arms.
That works pretty well, except on my brush hog the strap gets in the way of the pto so I have to remove it when hooking up.
I've set all my attachments to have the same pin width, so if these stabilizers would hold my desired width on the lift arms I wouldn't need the strap.

I think he say's these are for up to 35hp and mine is 42hp but I doubt there is any weight difference so I'd think they would still be fine.

Just realized I never responded to you question. As it turned out, I've had the backhoe on my BX25 most of the summer for one job or another. Just dug an ornamental pond for my neighbor. But, I did hook up my box blade back in July - the only time I tried the new stabilizers. What a pleasure hooking up with them. I'd say it easily cut my hook up time in half. Once I set the stabilizer spread to the width of the BB pins, I simply backed up to the BB and raised the arms. I did have to jiggle them a little by hand to achieve the final alignment. Having an hydraulic top link also helps. Real nice moving the top link in or out to hook up, then readjust once the implement is raised. I agree with other posters - one of the best aftermarket mods you can make to your BX if you change implements reasonably often. Hate to say it, but Kubota should offer these as an option. Mark - file a patent ASAP. :p Until then, order up some pin-adjustable stabilizers from Mark.

/ BX Lower 3pt arm stabilizers from Mark Hodge #23  
My stabilizers arrived today USPS. They were well packed and easy to install. I was surprised at how heavy duty they are. My turnbuckles were bent by the previous owner and a real pain to adjust. I'm very happy with Mark's work and his customer service. They were well worth the wait. Thanks Mark!

/ BX Lower 3pt arm stabilizers from Mark Hodge #24  
Just talked to Mark this week about ordering a set. He is really backlogged from what he said but I put my name on the list as I hate turn buckles. It is basically the system Kubota uses on the bigger machine and it works GREAT! I can't wait to get them!

/ BX Lower 3pt arm stabilizers from Mark Hodge #25  
How can I get ahold of Mark Hodge for stabilizer bars..thanks

/ BX Lower 3pt arm stabilizers from Mark Hodge #26  
I am trying to contact Mr. Hodge through his email about purchasing a set of these for my new BX 23 S. How long did it take to hear from him?

/ BX Lower 3pt arm stabilizers from Mark Hodge #27  
Last edited: