Loader LA 402 Valve Cover removal ....

/ LA 402 Valve Cover removal .... #1  

DAP

Veteran Member
From Orange County NY to Lincoln County ME
Tractor
JD LX288 and a B7800
The loader on my B7800 has an issue after a rugged winter here in coastal Maine. The loader lever/actuator is just flopping around now, though the loader functions still work. How does that black plastic cover under the rubber boot come off? Does it just snap off? I can't see any fasteners and I'm afraid it will break if any real force is applied? What am I missing here?

Once off, I can see just what happened to the loader lever. Very strange .. hopefully it won't mean a new valve -- the loader still works on all axises ... anyone? :thumbsup:

Thanks!

/ LA 402 Valve Cover removal .... #2  
Mine (B3030) has 4 or 5 small bolts that go up through the bottom of the metal plate underneath the valve assembly. I think just 3 of the bolts hold the cover on and the others are for some other purpose. Loosen the bolts one by one seeing which ones free up the cover and which ones don't.

/ LA 402 Valve Cover removal .... #3  
Get a heat gun and heat any plastic clip or cover you are trying to remove.... cold plastic breaks - Hot plastic will allow it to move without breaking.
The springs that move the control valve are normally under each valve, 4 screws hold most of the cover caps... there are rebuild kits that include New springs and New ball bearings...